Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New DB9 owner!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM
Chris P is infamous around these parts
New DB9 owner!!

Hello everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself since this is my first post. My name is Chris and I just purchased an 06 DB9 Volante. I'm picking it up tomorrow evening from Aston Martin Long Island here in New York. It has 19K miles and is currently being prepped for delivery. My family and I are very excited whereas this is our first Aston Martin and the culmination of a life long dream for me. I'm a former DeLorean owner as well as Corvette owner so cars are in my blood but I've decided to pull the trigger and step up to an Aston! Any advice fellow owners could give me would be greatly appreciated. What are some of the mechanical issues I should look for? How is the general maintenance? I understand the DB9 is pretty bulletproof if properly maintained. Any other advice? Any special cleaning products I should use? Waxes, convertible top cleaner, etc. Looking forward to speaking to all of you soon! Here's a few pics

Chris Piazza

Old 08-29-2017, 05:43 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. She is a beautiful color combo. Is that California Sage? I'm a Vantage owner so can't give any advice on the DB9, but you're going to have a blast.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great color combo. I am also a Vantage owner, so I can't help with some of your questions. I would suggest, if you can get the Aston Martin preowned warranty.
I had the dealer make it part of my first used Vantage purchase.
Ron

Old 08-29-2017, 08:32 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Vantage

I think the car is only eligible for extended warranty until it's 10 years old. And since the deal is already finished no way to get them to add it if it wasn't.

Pretty car though. When your wife is home, drive it like a rental!

Old 08-29-2017, 11:45 PM
PNW
PNW is infamous around these parts
Welcome! I have an 08 DB9. I've found the car to be very reliable and yearly maintenance to be fairly easy and straight forward. Will you be tackling your own maintenance? Most, if not all, of it is covered in the forum.

The most talked about mechanical problem/annoyance with the DB9 tends to be with either the squeaky brakes or the fuel door not opening when the auto button is pushed. The brake squeaks can be eliminated with new pads and anti squeak compound. The fuel door can be a bit trickier but if it doesn't open there's a mechanical pulls in the trunk that's do the trick.

Also -just a heads up - the front of the car is a lot longer than you think and can see from the drivers seat. Careful when pulling into parking spots that you don't drive it up onto and curbs.

Happy motoring!

Old 08-30-2017, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the responses. Yes it's California sage over a Sandstorm interior. Unfortunately the car was not eligible for the extended warranty. But as part of the purchase from Aston Martin L.I. they have done over 10K worth of work to the car (New rims and tires, brakes, tune up, oil change, etc.) And the dealer is giving me a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty from them. I told them in that case I'm going to drive the hell out of it for the first 3 months LOL. As far as maintainence, yes I'd like to do as much as possible on my own. I'm a fairly mechanical guy. I won't rebuild an engine or pull the transmission but oil changes , brakes, basic stuff, etc. I enjoy doing myself. Fortunately I have a family member that runs a shop specializing in high end auto repair. They routinely work on Bentley, Aston, Mercedes so hopefully I can pull a few strings if I get into trouble.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:57 AM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
Welcome, the color combo and trim looks great! There is a lot of helpful info and members on this forum. Make sure the battery is in top shape, hopefully the dealership installed a new one for you. Aston's don't like weak batteries. Among other things the proper functioning of your top can be affected. Consider a trickle charger. And for me- I only back into parking spaces. Enjoy!

Old 08-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Vantage

I think the car is only eligible for extended warranty until it's 10 years old. And since the deal is already finished no way to get them to add it if it wasn't.

Pretty car though. When your wife is home, drive it like a rental!
Whoops, I missed that it was a 2006. It looks like he has it covered already, Sounds like a good deal.
Ron

Old 08-30-2017, 04:24 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
With those wheels I thought it was my old car! Good luck with yours.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	511777  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM
speedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nice
Beautiful car!! LOVE the color! Congrats and welcome. I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with your new DB9.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:06 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Welcome, I think you'll like it here

I'm a fan of California Sage!

Old 08-31-2017, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
With those wheels I thought it was my old car! Good luck with yours.
Wow it's nearly identical! Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Beautifully clean car. Welcome.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 PM
astonChap is infamous around these parts
Quite the Beaut!

Hello from a fellow DB9 Volante owner in Jersey City

Old 08-31-2017, 09:04 PM
skeena river rove is infamous around these parts
Congrats! you will get a lot of smiles on your face driving her.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.