Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

is no manual transmission confirmed for the next Vantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 PM
sanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the rough
is no manual transmission confirmed for the next Vantage?

i always remember hearing somewhere Aston would keep the manual for now -- but it doesnt appear so.

(i realize this was inevitable....i was just hoping for one last run)

Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Manual trans version is expected next year.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:18 PM
smdzucladoc is infamous around these parts
Was told dog leg 7 speed next summer

Old 11-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...the article I read today stated current new Vantage run is almost sold out in 2018. The specs on the engine and transmission have 3 settings ...sport ...sport + and track with 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

They stayed a manual is option in the future.

But remember....as with any manual 0-60 will not match the automatic speed and quickness...
Another article states the DB11 V8 is better than the DB11 v12 ...
Actually stated DB11 V8 is the best touring car on the market available replacing Lexus...
Safe driving guys....

Old 11-24-2017, 12:35 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Sold out in 48hrs of announcement? I think I can still get that 17 V12s Vantage 7sm that was sold out 2 years ago.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey...not that I doubt you could buy an older new car...FCK by us has new AM's in stock at reduced pricing. But selling out from the manufacturer is different from selling out at the dealer level...lol

Plus add on many did not buy as waited for the DB11 and Vantage to come out. Which will lower prices on all new leftovers...

​​​​​​You could check with the Philadelphia paper business section area and ask them who released the information. That is where I read the sold out article. The other articles are on the internet.

Good luck...safe driving

Old 11-24-2017, 09:49 AM
US spec DB11 V8 review

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-aston-martin-db11-v8-us-spec-review-first-drive/?wc_mid=4035:9694&wc_rid=4035:929527&_wcsid=6093A9 2F19FE0494C7C2C2EB058D546E95EF51AFEE55EC30

Old 11-24-2017, 09:51 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-aston-martin-vantage-first-look/amp/

Old 11-25-2017, 08:11 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My local dealer I thought said the Vantage was sold out due to the initial lower production run on the first year. They did not have any indication if they would have models for sale or they would just get what they can. They have been stuck with hard to sell in our locale examples before (color combos that just don't work in New England) as that was all they could get.

I would only use the 7 speed dog leg for a manual if I were them. That is the dream layout! Dog legs are the best.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:27 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
If a new exotic wasn't sold out in the first year, it would be a VERY bad sign. I'd love for production numbers of the new car to be huge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.