Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Do these Virage parts fit on a DB9?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 01:59 AM
brinksboys is infamous around these parts
Do these Virage parts fit on a DB9?

i recently banged up my rear end of my 2005 DB9, i found an ad for a Virage bootlid & rear bumper in the exact color i need for a resonable price. Does anyone know if the parts are a direct fit or is the rear end similar to the DBS?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MAR...IAAOSwHwZcwHc7

Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 PM
GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure the Virage has more in common with the later, refreshed DB9. Looking at photos of the Virage vs the early DB9, the rear quarter flares out a tiny bit under the taillight above the bumper seam where yours and mine do not. This leads me to believe the Virage bumper will be too wide for your 2005. Good luck finding the right part!

Old 08-28-2019, 11:15 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brinksboys
i recently banged up my rear end of my 2005 DB9, i found an ad for a Virage bootlid & rear bumper in the exact color i need for a resonable price. Does anyone know if the parts are a direct fit or is the rear end similar to the DBS?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MAR...IAAOSwHwZcwHc7
You can check a number of threads I started some years ago: I upgraded my 2004 DB9 with Virage sills and recently virage front bumper. I can tell for sure there is no 100% straight fitment. A lot of rework is required due to the later virage / 2013 DB9 has more flaring etc.

Still, a decent bodyshop can do the magic and give the car an updated appearance. I did mine and i'm still loving the refreshed look of it.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:20 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sdekoning
You can check a number of threads I started some years ago: I upgraded my 2004 DB9 with Virage sills and recently virage front bumper. I can tell for sure there is no 100% straight fitment. A lot of rework is required due to the later virage / 2013 DB9 has more flaring etc.

Still, a decent bodyshop can do the magic and give the car an updated appearance. I did mine and i'm still loving the refreshed look of it.
To add concerning above, here the thread re the Virage/ 2013 DB9 sills clearly showing the later DB9's / Virage wider fender lines https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...irect-fit.html

Below a picture of my DB9's recent nose-job showing the modifications that need doing.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:35 AM

And pictures of the final result

Old 08-29-2019, 08:29 AM
brinksboys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sdekoning

And pictures of the final result
This looks great!! was the DBS hood a direct fit?

Old 08-29-2019, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by brinksboys
This looks great!! was the DBS hood a direct fit?
Yes, a one on one fit indeed.