Volvo key internal replacement advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2019 | 03:23 PM
|
zzzamdb9 is infamous around these parts
Volvo key internal replacement advice

Hello,

Does anybody know what the Volvo key part number is to swap the internals of a crystal and/or secondary plastic key for a 2009 DB9? Thanks in advanced!

Old 09-07-2019 | 07:09 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
# 30772198

Old 09-21-2019 | 02:52 PM
|
Originally Posted by J doubleU
# 30772198
Hello,

I got the replacement Volvo key and the chip is the same. But I noticed this little black trapezoid looking piece in the original Aston key, didn’t see it on the Volvo key. Does this need to be swapped or will it still work? Thanks!

Old 09-21-2019 | 03:40 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzamdb9
Hello,

I got the replacement Volvo key and the chip is the same. But I noticed this little black trapezoid looking piece in the original Aston key, didn’t see it on the Volvo key. Does this need to be swapped or will it still work? Thanks!

you usually need that to start the car... dig it out of the old shell and glue out ohn the new one.

I lost this on a previous key swap on my Porsche and had to buy a new fob and get it programmed

Old 09-21-2019 | 03:45 PM
|
Originally Posted by MRCW
you usually need that to start the car... dig it out of the old shell and glue out ohn the new one.

I lost this on a previous key swap on my Porsche and had to buy a new fob and get it programmed

Ok, so basically I need to rip apart the old Volvo key and find that little chip and just glue it in anywhere it’ll stick in the key? Does it need to be facing a specific direction or just in the general vicinity?

Does anybody have any guidance on where it is on the existing Volvo key? Trying not to hack it up too much

Old 09-21-2019 | 07:27 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
They are 2 different remotes, no chip is in the Volvo remote. Your AM has the chip to start. Switch the electrical board and have the code card (from the new remote) and take them to get programmed at a dealer. Your key still starts, it's the other electronic that requires programming. That's why you bought the Volvo remote for the matching codes to program.

Old 11-05-2019 | 05:20 AM
Chris Jackson is infamous around these parts
Get in touch with Aston Martin Key Repair, they have done a few upgrades that Ive seen which are pretty good including a upgraded Valet Key which knocks the old plastic one out the park

Old 11-06-2019 | 09:51 PM
|
I got the Volvo key to replace the internals. Brought it to my dealer who hadn’t seen the Volvo codes before. He said sometimes the computer asks for 2 sets of codes. Didn’t proceed as I wanted to make sure I had everything. Is there 1 or 2 sets of codes on the new remote label that is needed to program?

Old 11-07-2019 | 09:56 PM
V12Stealth
I would have thought the Volvo key would also come with an immobilizer/crypto chip. I own a V50 from that era and the key portion is just a generic plastic shape that gets inserted into the car, except unlike the Aston, its turned instead of pushed. It definitely would need an immobilizer as well otherwise anyone could just turn it by hand.