Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Battery Maintainer killed the battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
Battery Maintainer killed the battery

I have a Schumacher battery maintainer that I have used for a number of years on the battery on my 2007 Vantage.
I also have a digital voltmeter attached to the battery maintainer so that I can see at a glance, the current battery voltage. Yesterday afternoon I noticed that the digital voltmeter was displaying 9 volts. Apparently the maintainer had expired (the case had partially melted) and in so doing had applied what appeared to be a short across the battery terminals.
Charging the battery overnight with a conventional charge has had no effect. The challenges are, how do I move the passenger seat to access the battery. (jump the battery from another vehicle?) and what type of battery to buy.
In reading the archives I have come to the following conclusions. I will replace with the same size battery but will upgrade to an AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) battery.
Am I correct that I will need a type 49 AGM battery for the 2007 Vantage?

Thanks

Old 01-20-2020, 12:21 PM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
Thanks Rich. I was under the impression that the AMG battery did not require a special battery tender?

Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Calcifer33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by embdenb
Thanks Rich. I was under the impression that the AMG battery did not require a special battery tender?
It does, actually. Battery Minder sells a specific AGM charger/maintainer. Some of the regular BatteryMinder models can charge AGM's, but only specific brands, like Optimas.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:15 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light
Many of the Ctek charges have options to charge regular and AGM batteries