Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vanquish access to high mount stop light (3rd brake light)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Rolandvdrvoort is infamous around these parts
V12 Vanquish access to high mount stop light (3rd brake light)

The red LED inside the high mount stop light (or aka 3rd brake light) has moved inside the housing. I would like to get access to that assy, In my model (V12 Vanquish - 2002) this stop light is mounted on top of the parcel shelf in the interior.
I have been advised that the assy is screwed from below onto the parcel shelf. Therefore the parcel shelf would need to be removed first and in order to be able to do that, all interior panels at the rear will need to be removed before I can remove the shelf.

a) is there another way to open the assy without removing the shelf to get access to the LED strip inside? The attached pics seem to suggest that the assy can be clipped open but before I put pressure on the seam I would like to know for sure that this is meant to be possible.

b) if the removal of the parcel shelf is the only way to get access to the high mount stop light, can anyone advise how to remove the rear side panel (2+2) at the area below the rear side triangle window/corner of the panel where the safety belt slot is?
The V12 Vanquish Workshop Manual (available via aston-martin-club.com forum) only has some cryptic drawings where some of the push clips are but no clear description of all or how or order of the removal.

Any suggestions and help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:59 AM
bobdisp is infamous around these parts
I had the back glass replaced in my DB9 in 2018. The AM tech checked my brake light with the glass out. Hopefully there is another way.....

Old 01-25-2020, 08:52 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
For help on V12 Vanquish, you need to post on the AMOC forum, NP Vanquish section. The odds of getting help here is nil. It is a Gaydon forum for all practical purposes, as is Piston Heads.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:58 PM
Rolandvdrvoort is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
For help on V12 Vanquish, you need to post on the AMOC forum, NP Vanquish section. The odds of getting help here is nil. It is a Gaydon forum for all practical purposes, as is Piston Heads.
Thanks for the feedback. I have done exactly that in parallel.
Cheers, Roland

Old 05-29-2022, 08:04 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Not very helpful considering this isn’t for a V12 Vanquish.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Copperline is infamous around these parts
Deleted. Sorry.