Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

More torque for Automatic transmission car owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 06:23 AM
djloush is infamous around these parts
More torque for Automatic transmission car owners

Does anybody has the diff ration numbers for the Auto and the manual diff on the vantage V8 i tried looking it didnt get far, its just an idea that i have in mind by swapping the manual diff and placing it on the auto if it has shorter ratios this should give the Auto one hell of a difference in torque.

Any thoughts on that?

Old 01-26-2020, 09:51 AM
MT15 is infamous around these parts
The manual has a mechanical diff vs electronic on the auto. Dont think a swap would be cheap or even possible.
plus if youre gonna throw the warranty in the crapper just tune it, folks are getting like 700 ftlb with just a flash.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:47 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djloush
Does anybody has the diff ration numbers for the Auto and the manual diff on the vantage V8 i tried looking it didnt get far, its just an idea that i have in mind by swapping the manual diff and placing it on the auto if it has shorter ratios this should give the Auto one hell of a difference in torque.

Any thoughts on that?
What generation of Vantage are you asking about?

Old 01-27-2020, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by MT15
The manual has a mechanical diff vs electronic on the auto. Dont think a swap would be cheap or even possible.
plus if youre gonna throw the warranty in the crapper just tune it, folks are getting like 700 ftlb with just a flash.
I have a manual one, I only posted this for exploring purposes but if your saying its a completely different part and mechanism then it wont work for sure...
thanks for the info

Old 01-27-2020, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
What generation of Vantage are you asking about?
mine is a 2008 manual, i was thinking something around these old modules so its less tech complicated the 4.3 v8

Old 01-29-2020, 05:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djloush
mine is a 2008 manual, i was thinking something around these old modules so its less tech complicated the 4.3 v8
The transaxle (the gearbox & diff all integrated into one unit) are the same on a manual vs. an ASM/paddle shift car. The final drive and all the ratios are the same, it's just robotically actuated versus manually.

There were some 4.55:1 Ring & Pinion sets made for the Rally GT cars but to the best of my knowledge Graziano would not make any more.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com