Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Velocityap twin plate clutch install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 06:55 AM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
Velocityap twin plate clutch install

Getting around to having my VAP clutch/flywheel combo installed. It doesnt seem like my service provider wanted to do it. What should I expect from an independent? install hrs or/and rates expected to pay ? Pretty stressed trying to find a place (near me) that I can trust with the car

Old 01-30-2020, 07:31 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
What area do you live in?

Old 01-30-2020, 08:40 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
When I had a V8 Vantage I asked the Aston dealer about non-Aston clutch, and they said no.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:40 AM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
Seattle

Old 01-30-2020, 08:42 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PaperBoy
Seattle
Hmmm... can't help you there, I'm on the opposite end of the country.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:21 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Reach out to AMS Auto Group or Classic Motorsports in Mukilteo. Both work on Aston, but may not work with parts that the customer brings in. I had Classic Motorsports do my AMR clutch. It was about $2500 for the installation. I'd expect Park place to be 1.5x-2x of what an indy charges, with no added value IMO. You could always drive it up to VAP.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:56 AM
RyanP is infamous around these parts
I'll echo what blue2000s said: the drive up to VAP is great and Stuart/Chris are fantastic... it might be worth your time to head up there for the install if you can turn it into a short vacation. I'm in Redmond, went up for their trackday at Area 27 last year in my 2015 GT, and had them also put on their headers, cats, intake, ECU tune and springs while I was there. Absolutely first-rate experience. The guys are super friendly, knowledgeable (as you'd expect) and I really can't recommend them highly enough. There are plenty of reviews of the additional performance with their goodies, so I wouldn't be adding anything extraordinary to the mix except to say it's transformative and my enjoyment now goes to 11.

Shoot me a PM if you're contemplating a long weekend up there and I can share some thoughts about the drive up there, where I stayed, etc.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Yes, we can accommodate you here. It's about 5.5 hours drive (at the speed limit.)

Alternatively, we just got Achtuning in Bellevue set up as a VelocityAP dealer. They do some pretty advanced stuff and would probably be willing to do the install for you.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-30-2020, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
Hmmm... can't help you there, I'm on the opposite end of the country.
Thanks anyway!!
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Reach out to AMS Auto Group or Classic Motorsports in Mukilteo. Both work on Aston, but may not work with parts that the customer brings in. I had Classic Motorsports do my AMR clutch. It was about $2500 for the installation. I'd expect Park place to be 1.5x-2x of what an indy charges, with no added value IMO. You could always drive it up to VAP.
yeah, its hard to find shops tht will work with customer supplied parts

Originally Posted by RyanP
I'll echo what blue2000s said: the drive up to VAP is great and Stuart/Chris are fantastic... it might be worth your time to head up there for the install if you can turn it into a short vacation. I'm in Redmond, went up for their trackday at Area 27 last year in my 2015 GT, and had them also put on their headers, cats, intake, ECU tune and springs while I was there. Absolutely first-rate experience. The guys are super friendly, knowledgeable (as you'd expect) and I really can't recommend them highly enough. There are plenty of reviews of the additional performance with their goodies, so I wouldn't be adding anything extraordinary to the mix except to say it's transformative and my enjoyment now goes to 11.

Shoot me a PM if you're contemplating a long weekend up there and I can share some thoughts about the drive up there, where I stayed, etc.
It would be hard for me to get away..but id LOVE to go up there and have them install it..and tune it

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Yes, we can accommodate you here. It's about 5.5 hours drive (at the speed limit.)

Alternatively, we just got Achtuning in Bellevue set up as a VelocityAP dealer. They do some pretty advanced stuff and would probably be willing to do the install for you.
Thanks so much Stuart! I just reached out to them again to see if we can set something up with the car.