Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 - I'm going for it. Help please? Crystal Key?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2020 | 09:33 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The pen without the Aston Martin engraving is around $40 and umbrellas are under $200 on eBay. The nav you need to work even if you don't use it. That screen is also for back up camera. Could be the gears which can be upgraded to higher quality ones. A new waterfall and nave cover can be bought, not sure how much that is or the labor.

Does it have the owner's manual?

Old 03-04-2020 | 10:20 AM
|
Raym50 is infamous around these parts
Thanks. I seriously appreciate this forum's help! Not sure about the owner's manual, but that is a good catch which i will ask about. Meantime, i do not see that the car has a rear view camera. Was it standard in 2009? Same with respect the pen, the front dash has no spot for the pen as i can tell. It looks like all 4 buttons are used for other purposes and i had thought the pen fills one of those slots? Am I wrong about that? Is there somewhere else the pen would go? Here are some pics of the crack and the radio panel.

Old 03-04-2020 | 10:53 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
No backup camera until Garmin system in 2012.

Old 03-04-2020 | 11:17 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
That crack on the nav screen cover would bother me too. Replacement parts or fixing it will be a few hundred dollars and will be somewhat of a headache.

For repair, check out madera concepts (google search is your friend) and for replacement check out astonmartinbits or ebay.

Definitely not a bright red flag to pass, but know you will do some work to fix these items. I'd push for even lower pricing or have them repair if they can.

Old 03-04-2020 | 11:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by J doubleU
No backup camera until Garmin system in 2012.
ok. So should I care then that the NAV is stick closed? I doubt the Navi is any useful anyway? It looks like my issue will be that the way to take the ski slope panel off for repair is through clips accessible with the screen popped up...

Old 03-04-2020 | 11:52 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I guess there is no pen on that car... Assumed there was. I would want the NAV to be operational whether it's used or not. If you're replacing the wood, might as well fix the NAV. The dealer can get the work done cheaper than you can pay a mechanic, so going 50/50 on all if should be agreeable to them.

Old 03-04-2020 | 11:59 AM
Ganz is infamous around these parts
This site was shared with me by @EVR .Thought would share.
http://astonmartinkeyrepair.com/

Old 03-04-2020 | 05:25 PM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
If you really are set on that car, which it seems your not if your going to continue to look, get an estimate to correct the things that bother you. That way you'll know what it will really cost to be happy with the car.
Good luck in the potential purchase or...... continued search! When you get the Aston that meets your expectations please post some pic's! Driving your Aston will make you smile !

Old 03-04-2020 | 05:32 PM
|
Thank you. I hope you’re right! I’m now deciding on two cars. Both black. One is black interior with the issues we discussed in this thread. The other with beige interior with similar cosmetic type of issues. just need to decide and pull the trigger!

A colleague from Europe who had an 05 db9 just upgraded to a db11 and told me to not waste my time with the db9 and just get a db11. Easier said than done from a cost perspective and anyway I love the styling of the db9 and not so much the db11. I’m more of a classic simple kind of guy. I’m more interested in Big Bang for your buck and getting a good value than dropping 200k on the car.

I absolutely will send through pics when I Land the right one. Happy to get rid of my 911 which was crazy fun but not special anymore really because I see it quite often on the road these days in all iterations.

Old 03-04-2020 | 05:51 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Madera Concepts-Goleta, CA

FYI, check out this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...cia-crack.html

If you do a "forum search" using "Madera" you'll find additional examples.

Last edited by DonL; 03-04-2020 at 05:54 PM. Reason: added search
Old 03-05-2020 | 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Raym50
A colleague from Europe who had an 05 db9 just upgraded to a db11 and told me to not waste my time with the db9 and just get a db11. Easier said than done from a cost perspective and anyway I love the styling of the db9 and not so much the db11. I’m more of a classic simple kind of guy. I’m more interested in Big Bang for your buck and getting a good value than dropping 200k on the car.
He didn't "screw the DB9 and buy the Valkyrie"? The last iterations of the DB9 would be the one's I'd go for if looking. I think that 2013+? If not going for the Rapide or Vanquish.

Old 03-05-2020 | 08:05 AM
|
I hear you. But the price curve really jumps post 2010. I’m looking at 2009s with less than 28k miles im the mid $40k range. I think that’s my sweet spot for a toy car that is exotic appeal but that doesn’t need to be treated delicately around town because it is too expensive. It could be the biggest mistake or a brilliant move. Still not sure! Giving up the reliability of a 911.

Old 03-05-2020 | 08:22 AM
I would also ask to see the car on the lift and see if there are any oil leak or weeping around the timing chain cover along with weeping from the shocks. Do the cars you are looking at have up-to-date servicing? Changing all the fluids could around 2K. If you don't have records, I'd do all the fluids and bring it up to date.

Old 03-05-2020 | 01:29 PM
ragpicker is infamous around these parts
Pens were only on the manual cars 👍🏻

Old 03-06-2020 | 10:07 PM
Zepe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Raym50
Thank you. I hope you’re right! I’m now deciding on two cars. Both black. One is black interior with the issues we discussed in this thread. The other with beige interior with similar cosmetic type of issues. just need to decide and pull the trigger!

I absolutely will send through pics when I Land the right one. Happy to get rid of my 911 which was crazy fun but not special anymore really because I see it quite often on the road these days in all iterations.
The 2009 is a big leap over the 2005 and the 2013+ aren't even on the same planet. What did you think of the drive?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 - I'm going for it. Help please? Crystal Key?