Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 - I'm going for it. Help please? Crystal Key?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2020 | 09:16 AM
|
Raym50 is infamous around these parts
Missing DB9 Badge?

As my hunt continues I found an incredibly clean example of a 2009 db9. You can tell the car was babied big time. The only thing I am confused about is the ‘DB9’ badge on the rear is missing. There is only the center Aston Martin emblem. It doesn’t look like the DB9 badge fell off or anything. It actually looks like nothing was ever there. It could be a repainted bumper or the result of an accident that the owner decided not to put the badge back on. Whatya think? Is this a concern or just one of those things that someone preferred to not have the badge on the back to give it a clean look?

Old 03-07-2020 | 09:25 AM
Zepe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Raym50
As my hunt continues I found an incredibly clean example of a 2009 db9. You can tell the car was babied big time. The only thing I am confused about is the ‘DB9’ badge on the rear is missing. There is only the center Aston Martin emblem. It doesn’t look like the DB9 badge fell off or anything. It actually looks like nothing was ever there. It could be a repainted bumper or the result of an accident that the owner decided not to put the badge back on. Whatya think? Is this a concern or just one of those things that someone preferred to not have the badge on the back to give it a clean look?
De-badging was a factory option as well so the car might have come like that.

Old 03-07-2020 | 09:57 AM
|
Ah. Interesting.

Old 03-07-2020 | 10:07 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
The letters/numbers are just held on to the trunk lid by 2-sided tape. Probably a factory badge delete but could have been removed later.

No holes have been filled, if that's what you're thinking.

Old 03-07-2020 | 10:41 AM
|
Ok. That’s kinda cool. Is there any way to lookup the specs of it is a factory debadge? Or would it not be specified ?

Old 03-07-2020 | 10:53 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Ok. That’s kinda cool. Is there any way to lookup the specs of it is a factory debadge? Or would it not be specified ?
you can get a build sheet from Aston Martin or your local dealer. It will show if debadged at factory...I debadge all my vehicles... left only the AM Wings...Debadging is especially nice in my AMG wagon...

Old 03-07-2020 | 12:57 PM
Zepe is infamous around these parts
https://technicalhub.astonmartin.com/amtis/

Don't know if debadge would be included but you can get build sheet with a vin

Old 03-08-2020 | 09:39 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MRCW
you can get a build sheet from Aston Martin or your local dealer. It will show if debadged at factory...I debadge all my vehicles... left only the AM Wings...Debadging is especially nice in my AMG wagon...
I usually do the same and did so for both Aston's. Makes it easier to wash and wax. I keep the letters with the car when it moves to the next owner unless they're plastic.

Old 03-10-2020 | 06:46 PM
|
I found the right one! And it was local to me. 2009 db9 volante. Triple black. 28k miles. Everything works. Car was babies by prior owner for seven years. All keys and owners manual and umbrella is in place. Deposit is down and paperwork is tomorrow for pickup on Thursday. Pics will definitely follow. Thank you all once again for your help. I’m sure I’ll need more!!!!

Old 03-10-2020 | 07:23 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Congratulations, we do love pictures!

Old 07-25-2020 | 10:43 PM
LiquidPT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by handyman2009
When I bought my 09 Vantage a few years back I only got 1 plastic key from an Exotic Car Dealer, first trip was to my closes AM Dealer and order 1 x Plastic Key and 1 x Metal Emergency Key, they were less then $400 Cdn and well worth it as my battery went dead and it was the only way into the car.
I just got quoted $350 US for an emergency key and $1200 for a plastic key (the crystal is $1800) from my local Aston dealer. The next closest dealer is over 120 miles away in Canada (and I'm in the US).

Old 07-26-2020 | 08:45 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Try other Dealers as they can ship the emergency key to you but you have to bring your car in for the Key Fobs as they need to be programmed

Old 07-27-2020 | 06:27 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
The cost to program the keys I believe is $400

Old 07-27-2020 | 08:08 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
They don't have a fix price as they charge me 1hr labour to do it so $220 Cdn for me

Old 07-27-2020 | 08:21 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
When I got my 2017 V12S the glass keys did not operate - after Beverly Hills Aston Martin sold me this 160 mile total car (new, but was Certified Used as it was bought from another dealer and discounted). Aston Corporate refused to program the keys because they said Beverly Hills should have caught the problem, and Beverly Hills refused to pay (at first) because they are $@#@$A (enough said what I think of them). This is when I learned that you need the codes to program the keys that should be written down on a separate document, or often dealers write the code down somewhere on the car. The Mexican manufacturer created the codes and apparently they are not reachable. Luckily I had that separate document slipped into the owners manual. Something to look into.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 - I'm going for it. Help please? Crystal Key?