Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

cabin fuse box warning!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:51 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
cabin fuse box warning!

just wanted to alert you guys to potential short circuit problem...

needed to pull fuse F82 & F83 to reset door module for a window drop issue... while I've accessed this fuse box on several occasions, I never noticed a group of wires that run under a sharp edge of aluminum...I noticed that the sharp edge had cut through the plastic loom and electrical tape... it hasn't nicked any wires...

I couldn't reposition the bundle of wire but re-taped the wire and added a new piece of loom to protect the wire from the sharp edge...

worth a check next time you get into the fuse box.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:04 AM
AstonCarma is infamous around these parts
Thanks for letting us know!

Old 05-19-2020, 07:53 PM
AM4884 is infamous around these partsAM4884 is infamous around these parts
I have gone through a large amount of "plumbers tape" protecting wire looms in my DB9. I also bough some cloth high temperature wiring loom tape to supplement what is on the car. Now if I could just find the 3 pin connectors for my coils and the 6 pin connectors for the MAFS and headlight leveling sensors. I could replace most of them due to broken locking tabs.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
I would put some PTFE tape on the wire harness and see if you can find some rubber channel to apply to the aluminum edge. If not, grab some stick-on velcro and wrap a small piece of the loop side on there.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 AM
zuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud ofzuman has much to be proud of
Thanks for this!

Old 05-28-2020, 05:57 AM
E30 Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
I would put some PTFE tape on the wire harness and see if you can find some rubber channel to apply to the aluminum edge. If not, grab some stick-on velcro and wrap a small piece of the loop side on there.
+1

I'm also using 1" wide adhesive-backed felt tape from Amazon for noise control and protection. Works really well in situations where Tesa tape is too thin.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:45 AM
E30 Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MRCW

needed to pull fuse F82 & F83 to reset door module for a window drop issue... while I've accessed this fuse box on several occasions, I never noticed a group of wires that run under a sharp edge of aluminum...I noticed that the sharp edge had cut through the plastic loom and electrical tape... it hasn't nicked any wires...

I couldn't reposition the bundle of wire but re-taped the wire and added a new piece of loom to protect the wire from the sharp edge...

It appears your loom has been displaced from the intended position. The black pad to the left of it is textured rubber...that's where the loom is supposed to be. Here's a picture of mine ('09 V8V). While I didn't have any indication of wear, I also added some felt tape for another layer of protection. I did the same for the other opening in that aluminum piece.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:59 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by E30 Racer
It appears your loom has been displaced from the intended position. The black pad to the left of it is textured rubber...that's where the loom is supposed to be. Here's a picture of mine ('09 V8V). While I didn't have any indication of wear, I also added some felt tape for another layer of protection. I did the same for the other opening in that aluminum piece.

this is great info... I'll move my wires when I get back into this next weekend

Old 07-21-2024, 11:52 AM
witek
Short circuite

Originally Posted by MRCW

Ok, i have a problem with this green switch. i apply connector spray and brush them with brush with metal bristles, because I had „Key in ignition” message problem. I fix this, but 😂 i think the green switch has a short circuite, now driver seats adjustments doesn’t work, check engine lamps illuminated (emission system service required) and left speakers doesnt work. I suspect that I burned some module. Which one?

Old 08-18-2024, 04:44 PM
ragingfool35 is infamous around these parts
after seeing this post, i purchased 3 ft of that edge trim/guard and applied it all the way around
Amazon Amazon

also found this pretty cool
https://www.startmycar.com/us/aston-...o/fusebox/2009