Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage v DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020 | 05:10 PM
I_gotta_Vantage is infamous around these parts
If youre over 6 ft tall, the vantage will get old as it has limited seat movement/room... I think the touring models have a strong sport look to them and have much more interior room... I’m a SS ASM ii and must say that the take off is not there like the other auto trans models....

Ill save my debate on the cost of a AM touring car... If you decide touring... hit the pedal and price on a Maserati GT before you ink an AM... drive the Maserati last... 🚀#Pininfarina

Old 07-10-2020 | 01:22 PM
davidm17 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
If youre over 6 ft tall, the vantage will get old as it has limited seat movement/room... I think the touring models have a strong sport look to them and have much more interior room... I’m a SS ASM ii and must say that the take off is not there like the other auto trans models....

Ill save my debate on the cost of a AM touring car... If you decide touring... hit the pedal and price on a Maserati GT before you ink an AM... drive the Maserati last... 🚀#Pininfarina
I'm 6'5" and fit fine in my Vantage. I'm not going to say there's a lot of room, but there's enough. There's a couple threads on how to adjust the seat for tall people. That's not a reason to rule out a Vantage.

Old 07-11-2020 | 01:51 AM
V12Stealth
Originally Posted by davidm17
I'm 6'5" and fit fine in my Vantage. I'm not going to say there's a lot of room, but there's enough. There's a couple threads on how to adjust the seat for tall people. That's not a reason to rule out a Vantage.
I think proportion matters a lot. I'm 6ft and 165lbs, and I struggle to get comfortable in my DB9. My wife is a similar height and its even worse in the passenger seat. Not enough room for the legs. And the passenger seat can't be "tilted", apparently it was an option back then, so the feet are pushed up against the firewall.

Old 07-11-2020 | 10:18 AM
Zepe is infamous around these parts
I always do a ton of research on web, forums etc only to come to different conclusions after actually driving the cars. Go drive several if you can and you will find the right fit.

Last edited by Zepe; 07-11-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-11-2020 | 10:22 AM
AstonCarma is infamous around these parts
Do a search and you'll find this topic discussed before. To me it's a trade-off between affordability and exclusivity. V8V's are fun as heck to drive and there are a lot more manuals than in a V8V than you'll find in the DB9. They're more affordable to fix, as well. But to me, they are found a lot more than the DB9. The V8V is a great car and still an Aston, but for me, just the ability to say that I own a V12 and a less common car is the allure, to me. I really liked the growl of the V12, as well, and I personally find the DB9 more attractive.

I'd strongly recommend you don't use the back seats of the DB9 in your decision, as they're useless. Not even Peter Dinklage sits back there.

Old 07-13-2020 | 02:05 PM
|
Argus is a jewel in the roughArgus is a jewel in the roughArgus is a jewel in the rough
I have decided on the Vantage. The big problem is Covid so who knows when I will be able to get a car. I have a feeling it will be after the first of the year. Thanks for all of the information.

Old 07-13-2020 | 08:20 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You will find the correct car eventually, Vantage is a great choice. Keep us updated in your quest.