Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Headlight Venting Kit Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 07:46 AM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Headlight Venting Kit Install

Hey Guys,
Back with another video. As many of you know I just recently had condensation build-up in my tail lights that caused a short. This was an expensive fix and then I started to see some condensation building up in the headlights.

The infamous condensation.....well I was turned on to a venting kit by a friend of mine Rob aka MAUMAU. This kit will vent out the condensation in the headlights preventing any damage to the circuit boards.

I bought the kit from AM Upgrades from a guy named Ian located in the UK. He was very professional, quick with emails, and fast shipping to the US. The kit is amazing and it almost looks OEM. It already blew out the condensation on yesterday's drive. I highly recommend it.

I made a how-to and timelapse video for anyone who is interested.

I hope this saves someone's headlight in the future and saves them a lot of money. Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:57 PM
MAUMAU is infamous around these parts
Thank you Andrew for yet another fantastic Aston tutorial.

This is truly an essential upgrade that will give you much piece of mind.

Aston Martin dealerships charge $5400 USD for EACH headlight, so a small preventative investment like these fabulous fans that Ian at AMUPGRADES crafts are definitely worth it.

Now if we can convince Ian to invent a fan kit for the taillights our light worries would be over.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:58 PM
bavarianstance is infamous around these partsbavarianstance is infamous around these parts
how much does the kit run?

Old 06-14-2021, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by bavarianstance
When I ordered mine last year it was £328 and money well spent.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:21 AM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bavarianstance
I paid just over 500 USD shipped and import taxes. Like MAUMAU stated, money well spent.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by MAUMAU
Thank you Andrew for yet another fantastic Aston tutorial.

This is truly an essential upgrade that will give you much piece of mind.

Aston Martin dealerships charge $5400 USD for EACH headlight, so a small preventative investment like these fabulous fans that Ian at AMUPGRADES crafts are definitely worth it.

Now if we can convince Ian to invent a fan kit for the taillights our light worries would be over.
Thanks for the recommendation! I cant wait for them to develop a kit for the taillights. Once my new ones arrive, I will be disassembling my old ones and trying to see what I can do about the circuit boards.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by V8Vdrew
Once my new ones arrive, I will be disassembling my old ones and trying to see what I can do about the circuit boards.
That would be awesome Andrew!

It it would be great if someone stateside would start an Aston Headlight/Taillight repair service.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Liilpa09 is infamous around these parts
Great video. Wish they had this for DB9/S

Old 06-15-2021, 11:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
As soon as all this talk on condensation started up... Now I am seeing condensation in one tail light. Hope someone comes up with a fix. I should ask the dealer if he has a trick on this.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
Great video. Wish they had this for DB9/S
I would email them or Ian and ask. It may trigger them to maybe make one for the DB9s if not already.

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
As soon as all this talk on condensation started up... Now I am seeing condensation in one tail light. Hope someone comes up with a fix. I should ask the dealer if he has a trick on this.
You're not going to like what they say, I asked and not only did they immediately state that they will not cover it, they suggested drilling a hole to get some airflow. I know people who have done that and it seemed to have work. I also heard of people taking the housing apart and resealing it with tiger seal. The reason why I did this headlight vent kit, is because my taillights just went out.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:08 AM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
I have read where guys have used these to good effect. But I have no personal knowledge. They let air out, but don't let moisture in.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/go...TEX?quantity=1

Old 06-16-2021, 05:30 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Rep point sent your way! God job!

-Gary

Old 06-17-2021, 02:15 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Lovely kit indeed; looks like a further developed system of the principle I installed 6 years ago in my DB9. Till date, works like a charm https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4342401 and costs a penny :-)

Old 06-17-2021, 04:28 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Get yourself some QuickJack and no more issues lifting the car, have mine for the past 5yrs and love it

Old 06-17-2021, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
Lovely kit indeed; looks like a further developed system of the principle I installed 6 years ago in my DB9. Till date, works like a charm https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4342401 and costs a penny :-)
Very nice somebody above was looking for a DB9 solution. I guess you have done it and it works well! Well done. So far I love these new fans, I might buy the regulator as I dont need them to kick on every time.

Originally Posted by handyman2009
Get yourself some QuickJack and no more issues lifting the car, have mine for the past 5yrs and love it
Yes quick jacks are amazing and I've used them to lift my car on my friend's quick jack system. So much easier! I've been on the wait list for the new system that gives it another 3" in vertical lift forever. I believe they keep delaying, and now scheduled to deliver sometime end of this year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Headlight Venting Kit Install