'12 Vantage S - Battery Dead, won't jump start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 05:21 PM
tdott is infamous around these parts
'12 Vantage S - Battery Dead, won't jump start

2012 Vantage S Roadster

Battery died after about a week.

I put the tender on but the battery is too dead for it to switch on.

I tried jump starting from the hood terminals, nothing comes on, no lights, etc. Tried to start it, nothing no light no crank completely dead.

Problem is passenger side is against the wall, passenger seat is all the way back.

How do I get to the battery?

I find it odd that hooking up to the under hood terminals won't bring the electronics back to life like my BMWs does.

I don't even want to jump start it, I just want to move the passenger seat forward so I can replace the battery which I am assuming has a dead cell since it went dead and won't take a charge. It's a 2012 so there isn't a battery reset switch I believe.

Any suggestions?

TIA
PS, yes I hooked the battery terminals up right. I checked the 80amp fuse in the under hood fuse box and it had 13.9v when I had the other car hooked up to the under hood terminals. But zero life inside the car.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:31 PM
ROBERTSCOTTNEILLY is infamous around these parts
When I accidentally left my dash cam on for a week or so, my battery went almost flat in the garage. When I attempted to start the car, it turned over very briefly and slowly, and then the entire car went 'dead', and a booster battery hooked t the 'boosting points' under the bonnet did ZERO! I thought, "Here we go; flat-bedding to the dealer for a thorough $crewing" Then I had a flash of 'wild, grasping-at-straws' inspiration, and checked the Inertia Battery Power Cutout switch in the trunk, and Bingo! it had tripped for some reason, and re-setting it brought everything back on line! It's worth a look.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:38 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ROBERTSCOTTNEILLY
When I accidentally left my dash cam on for a week or so, my battery went almost flat in the garage. When I attempted to start the car, it turned over very briefly and slowly, and then the entire car went 'dead', and a booster battery hooked t the 'boosting points' under the bonnet did ZERO! I thought, "Here we go; flat-bedding to the dealer for a thorough $crewing" Then I had a flash of 'wild, grasping-at-straws' inspiration, and checked the Inertia Battery Power Cutout switch in the trunk, and Bingo! it had tripped for some reason, and re-setting it brought everything back on line! It's worth a look.
How did you get in the trunk?

Old 07-27-2021, 06:47 AM
ROBERTSCOTTNEILLY is infamous around these parts
I pulled the emergency hatch release. I have a coupe.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:12 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
On the seat back fold you can manually fold it forward by lifting the nylon strap at the lower part of the headrest cut out. That should help getting directly to the battery. What kind of jumper are you using? Those little portable devices are useful for charging phones not cars.