Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:38 PM
DonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really niceDonBond is just really nice
Originally Posted by embdenb
Aston Martin’s supply of Mercedes engines not affected.
That's too bad......Aston is going the way of Jaguar by losing their "Astonness"

Old 09-08-2021, 07:04 PM
Mark8V8 is infamous around these partsMark8V8 is infamous around these parts
Not sure why anyone wishes to go back to the dated AM V8 which does not come close the the AMG V8.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:34 PM
I_gotta_Vantage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mark8V8
Not sure why anyone wishes to go back to the dated AM V8 which does not come close the the AMG V8.
I agree... I've ownd the DB9 and the V8V ASM and the W177 is the best move AM could make... That TT along with the sport/track buttons and AM's interior... I know the purist on here will ride legacy but this AMG with the VERY light rear end will have you cheaiting on your AM legacy.... I expect the AMG V12 in this frame to be a well respected AM... THAT REAR END WILL BE AMAZING...

Old 09-09-2021, 07:14 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
There’s no AMG V12.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
There’s no AMG V12.
Correct. V12 is still Ford manufacture for AML

Old 09-09-2021, 03:28 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
I agree... I've ownd the DB9 and the V8V ASM and the W177 is the best move AM could make... That TT along with the sport/track buttons and AM's interior... I know the purist on here will ride legacy but this AMG with the VERY light rear end will have you cheaiting on your AM legacy.... I expect the AMG V12 in this frame to be a well respected AM... THAT REAR END WILL BE AMAZING...
It's not the AMG engine. It's the inelegance of the design direction when compared with the previous VH generation.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:18 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
It's not the AMG engine. It's the inelegance of the design direction when compared with the previous VH generation.
AML's trickle down styling from the Vulcan is lost on consumers and they don't care. Vulcan has no aspiration or affinity to returning or new buyers to the marque.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:12 AM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
AML's trickle down styling from the Vulcan is lost on consumers and they don't care. Vulcan has no aspiration or affinity to returning or new buyers to the marque.
The Vulcan is a beautiful car. But it's styling didn't translate well to the Vantage. The fact that no one at AM didn't see that early on in its development is unfortunate.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:51 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
I’m not sure what you see when you look at the new Vantage. I see a perfectly proportioned design,classic long hood,short rear deck,beautiful rims and I could go on and on. I have just about every auto magazine foreign and
domestic over the past 3 years that have reviewed the car. Not one hasn’t called the design superb. I know about the comments regarding front end and interior but overall the car has had nothing but good reviews for its looks. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but every reviewer’s eyes have liked what they beheld. I don’t get
some of the comments made here other then Aston should have just stood still in time.

Old 09-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
I don’t get some of the comments made here other then Aston should have just stood still in time.
Aston got the DB11, DBX, and DBS's looks right. Updated slatted grill on the Vantage is a big improvement. Not offering the grill from day one was a bad move on Aston's part.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:55 PM
I respect your option. We just differ in our idea of what a sports car should look like.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:16 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
I respect your option. We just differ in our idea of what a sports car should look like.
Well, it just shouldn’t look like it does. It is not a good looking car by any stretch of the imagination. Poor sales confirm that opinion, no matter what the mags say or people say to your face.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:21 PM

Well, we can’t go anywhere from here now can we?

Old 09-11-2021, 08:52 AM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Well, it just shouldn’t look like it does. It is not a good looking car by any stretch of the imagination. Poor sales confirm that opinion, no matter what the mags say or people say to your face.
I think you may have Vantage Derangement Syndrome. 😂

Well, we can’t go anywhere from here now can we?
That car is gorgeous

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Aston got the DB11, DBX, and DBS's looks right. Updated slatted grill on the Vantage is a big improvement. Not offering the grill from day one was a bad move on Aston's part.
I agree. I liked the original grill, but when I purchase mine it will have the vaned option or be converted.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:12 AM
61mga is infamous around these parts
agreed. usually a couple of years of familiarity and i come around a bit on new styling. not hap'n this time. the design is way, way too busy, front and rear...and sides. even the wheels, IMO. don't like the interior either... and i've never seen one on the road, even though i live only a few miles from the AM dealership in walnut creek, ca and did stop in that dealership and looked at one about a year ago. to be fair i've never seen the previous AM vantage on the road either. although i saw a bunch of them in the garage where i have my car serviced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022