Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
My last words on the subject. I have owned two new DB7’s. Beautiful cars that helped revive the brand. The dB9 came out…bought one too. The DB7 owners in the early 2000’s were full of criticism. Many of the same issues that some of you have raised over the new Vantage were brought up then. The DB9’s lines were too sharp,chunky,
not as flowing as previous Aston’s. The interiors were not as elegant…rims not as beautiful.

Throughout history good design is that which sparks controversy. That’s what we have here. It’s all good. We love the brand and the history attached to it. We all wish it well in the electric future. Enjoy your cars and be
as outspoken as you all are. We are lucky to have this great forum.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
My last words on the subject. I have owned two new DB7’s. Beautiful cars that helped revive the brand. The dB9 came out…bought one too. The DB7 owners in the early 2000’s were full of criticism. Many of the same issues that some of you have raised over the new Vantage were brought up then. The DB9’s lines were too sharp,chunky,
not as flowing as previous Aston’s. The interiors were not as elegant…rims not as beautiful.

Throughout history good design is that which sparks controversy. That’s what we have here. It’s all good. We love the brand and the history attached to it. We all wish it well in the electric future. Enjoy your cars and be
as outspoken as you all are. We are lucky to have this great forum.
No, good design is not controversial...it's timeless...lets leave it to the professionals so let Frank guide you on a good design...hint, not a new vantage...

Old 09-11-2021, 03:21 PM
The other side from Car and Driver

Old 09-11-2021, 05:09 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we can’t go anywhere from here now can we?
Is that a Q car? Looks terrific.

Old 09-11-2021, 05:53 PM
Thanks. I bought a well optioned Xenon in January. It had basic rims and I wanted to option it out as if I had
ordered one from the factory. I kept reviewing listings on EBay Motors here and the UK. I was able to source
the following factory parts…

quad exhaust kit
full carbon fiber engine dress kit
carbon mirror scalps
Factory Brit flags
AMR side vent fills and hood vents
carbon scuff plates
carbon real lift gate and lower diffuser
black chrome rear lettering with front and back carbon fiber wings
DB11 rims with carbon fiber center caps

Adding it all up it still was less then buying a fully optioned dealer car plus it was fun to do.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:02 PM
Coobie is infamous around these parts
Car looks fantastic. Xenon grey is a great color. Pictures don't due it justice. Tons of paint flecks. Really sparkles in the sunlight. However, I am biased. Also, don't worry about the hate from this board. It's a phenomenal car inside and out. I get tons of compliments on my car.Took it to cars and coffee last week and

People were constantly taking pics and video of my car. Several Ferraris, Lamborghinis and McLarens were present. As well as a few older Astons. All extremely beautiful cars, but the hate for the new Vantage is just not warranted. I like the fact AM is trying new bolder designs. Being stagnant is never a good thing. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:05 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Amen

Old 09-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Amen squared

Old 09-15-2021, 09:24 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 61mga
agreed. usually a couple of years of familiarity and i come around a bit on new styling. not hap'n this time. the design is way, way too busy, front and rear...and sides. even the wheels, IMO. don't like the interior either... and i've never seen one on the road, even though i live only a few miles from the AM dealership in walnut creek, ca and did stop in that dealership and looked at one about a year ago. to be fair i've never seen the previous AM vantage on the road either. although i saw a bunch of them in the garage where i have my car serviced.
I live close to the Walnut Creek Aston dealer as well and have only seen a few on the road.

There is a white new Vantage that commonly drives around ygnacio valley and Northgate area. It looks great and has nice road presence. I didn't feel that way before when they first came out and I saw pictures only.

Astons are hard to spot in the Bay Area in general. Most are opting for Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari given the choice.

I really wish the new Aston had three things: dual clutch, or 6 speed manual AND more of the DB10 styling. Comparing the two reminds me concept car versus production car.

If those things were met I'd have one in the garage now.

The car pics above in this thread of the new Vantage look fantastic! I especially like the Diamond turned wheels, gray paint and stance.

Last edited by spyder997s; 09-15-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:36 AM
I_gotta_Vantage is infamous around these parts
Pre 2019 Vantage = Five Star restaurant - Well crafted
Post 2019 Vantage = Brazilian night club - Loud and sexy

IMO... The new Vantage is no more "funky" in its design than the other exotics. The aftermarket look is now the new OEM...

Those that have NOT driven the TT 4L, I beg you to before passing judgment... Just put it in track+ mode... Make sure you take your older V8V...

Old 09-15-2021, 05:23 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
Pre 2019 Vantage = Five Star restaurant - Well crafted
Post 2019 Vantage = Brazilian night club - Loud and sexy

IMO... The new Vantage is no more "funky" in its design than the other exotics. The aftermarket look is now the new OEM...

Those that have NOT driven the TT 4L, I beg you to before passing judgment... Just put it in track+ mode... Make sure you take your older V8V...
I don’t need to drive one to know I don’t want an AMG engine in my Aston. Simple as that. When they come out with the TT V12 Vantage, then I’ll drive one (to see if I get along with the interior and exterior in real life).

Old 09-15-2021, 06:20 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I don’t need to drive one to know I don’t want an AMG engine in my Aston. Simple as that. When they come out with the TT V12 Vantage, then I’ll drive one (to see if I get along with the interior and exterior in real life).
And it's not about the power. There will always be more powerful cars that cost much less. For me the current Vantage just holds no appeal. It's unfortunate.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:52 PM
I would hope that those that despise the new car will give some space on this earth to those that do find it an article of great pleasure and enjoyment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:25 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
I would hope that those that despise the new car will give some space on this earth to those that do find it an article of great pleasure and enjoyment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Hey. It's the internet. I'm sure everyone'll be cool.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:12 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Like a "safe space"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022