Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 08:24 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
Like a "safe space"?
Nah. But to his point, what I find incredibly distasteful are the forum posters who seem to take ANY opportunity to bash the new car, ad nauseam. There was a thread where a new owner (the people that keep AM in business) was sharing with pride the positive experience he had been having out in the wild with his new car. What was the first response? "Nice AMG". As ever, the internet keeps it classy.
Like your old gen Aston? Great, me too. But give people a break. They just dropped some serious coin on a car that they seem to enjoy.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:45 PM
Coobie is infamous around these parts
Let the haters hate. Who cares. You have a phenomenal car inside and out. The merc engine with the Aston tune is simply sublime. Period. To hate it because it's not Aston is close minded.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:15 AM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
Live and let live. When I bought a new Porsche 928 I was lambasted by my fellow club owners for buying a front engine car. The distaste was palpable. Now it’s revered. Bought a new 328 Ferrari which the 308 owners
said ruined the original car. Same with my Z8 BMW. Same with my last new NSX in the 90’s (what no pop up headlights?). Stones tossed at my new BMW Z3 M Coupe. My new water cooled 996 was the end of the Porsche line! A modern Porsche designed with production help by engineers from Japan? My point is most people hate change. It rubs against their concept of what a marque should represent. Let time go buy and the current Vantage will gain more
acceptance. Certainly not by all, but this car will age well. Thanks to all for expressing their opinions on both sides of the issue.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:26 AM
I_gotta_Vantage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I don’t need to drive one to know I don’t want an AMG engine in my Aston. Simple as that. When they come out with the TT V12 Vantage, then I’ll drive one (to see if I get along with the interior and exterior in real life).
Dude, its not like the letters AMG are flashing while you're driving the car. The only folks that know its an AMG engine is the owner and the dealership.

No one has ever said "hows that AMG engine"?

I'll go back to my comment about test driving one... Once you do.. you will realize that the interior is traditional AM, the MB head unit is a step up compared to older models. The display is awesome.

AMG or not, if you have modified your V8V with CAT delete and AP upgrades then you will enjoy the Sport & track options right at your thumbs...

Miller's is #1 in the US for Vantage sales by the way....

Old 09-16-2021, 05:56 AM
Yea, I've noticed the comments that come from some power reps on here. I've post several threads with good ideas and the first comment was negative and from a user with a lot of power reps and badges. 👀 No other forum im on is like this... We all like Aston Martin cars...

I'll say this... Dont confuse Power Reps and badges with knowledge and experience..... Im actually buying and selling them... Thats power repping...

Last edited by I_gotta_Vantage; 09-16-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:24 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
Live and let live. When I bought a new Porsche 928 I was lambasted by my fellow club owners for buying a front engine car. The distaste was palpable. Now it’s revered. Bought a new 328 Ferrari which the 308 owners
said ruined the original car. Same with my Z8 BMW. Same with my last new NSX in the 90’s (what no pop up headlights?). Stones tossed at my new BMW Z3 M Coupe. My new water cooled 996 was the end of the Porsche line! A modern Porsche designed with production help by engineers from Japan? My point is most people hate change. It rubs against their concept of what a marque should represent. Let time go buy and the current Vantage will gain more
acceptance. Certainly not by all, but this car will age well. Thanks to all for expressing their opinions on both sides of the issue.
But none of your examples involved the manufacturer using someone elses engine. Ferrari, BMW, Honda or Porsche with an AMG-sourced engine? NFW. The AMG Vantage will always be a red-headed step child for Aston, that’s why the V12 version will happen sooner or later (and DBX too). Trying to give us never AMGers something we can buy.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:01 AM
I guess you never came across a Lotus. Maybe Koenigsegg? Lombo Gallardo? Noble M600? How about Mc Lauren F1? Pagani C12S? All use supplied motors.

Last edited by Rjscharer; 09-16-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
But none of your examples involved the manufacturer using someone elses engine. Ferrari, BMW, Honda or Porsche with an AMG-sourced engine? NFW. The AMG Vantage will always be a red-headed step child for Aston, that’s why the V12 version will happen sooner or later (and DBX too). Trying to give us never AMGers something we can buy.
I just pray that AM can survive their fan club.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:22 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised at how many used AMG powered Vantages there are for sale... just on CarGurus, 145 used ones...

I have the older infotainment in my 2017 Mercedes GLE and like it better than the newer all electronic screen version, but still not as intuitive as BMW.

I'll start looking next year at a new model Vantage when depreciation is slowing down and some lease deals are coming back.

Some right now are in the $120k range

Old 09-16-2021, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
I'm surprised at how many used AMG powered Vantages there are for sale... just on CarGurus, 145 used ones...

I have the older infotainment in my 2017 Mercedes GLE and like it better than the newer all electronic screen version, but still not as intuitive as BMW.

I'll start looking next year at a new model Vantage when depreciation is slowing down and some lease deals are coming back.

Some right now are in the $120k range
Enterprise Vantage Rentals are hitting the used market... How can you tell? They are over 12k in miles, sold at non AM dealerships. The driver seat is usually worn pretty bad. They had like 30 2019's for rent... I dont think they are renting Vantages anymore... except what has not been turned in yet... search enterprise rental site for a Vantage in the US...

Old 09-16-2021, 11:54 AM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
I just pray that AM can survive their fan club.
Andy Palmer and Marek Reichman have done more to damage the brand than anyone.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
Andy Palmer and Marek Reichman have done more to damage the brand than anyone.
I don't agree. All current range are excellent products, especially the hot-selling DBX. You wanna blame someone (undercooked Vantage release, IPO, etc), look at the board who really make the decisions.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:05 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
I don't agree. All current range are excellent products, especially the hot-selling DBX. You wanna blame someone (undercooked Vantage release, IPO, etc), look at the board who really make the decisions.
I don't believe the DBX is a hot seller.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:12 PM

Old 09-16-2021, 01:15 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022