Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 01:16 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
I don't believe the DBX is a hot seller.
​​​​​​From January to June 2021, AM had sold 1,595 DBXs. My local dealer has moved over 30. Your feelings don't jive with the numbers.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:59 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
​​​​​​From January to June 2021, AM had sold 1,595 DBXs. My local dealer has moved over 30. Your feelings don't jive with the numbers.
Well hopefully you are correct and they are not also counting inventory sitting in dealer lots.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
Well hopefully you are correct and they are not also counting inventory sitting in dealer lots.
I hope so. You may be right, but like I said, it's been a mover at my local dealer?

Old 09-16-2021, 02:57 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
I hope so. You may be right, but like I said, it's been a mover at my local dealer?
All I ever see anymore are Mercedes G Wagons. They everywhere these days. I have yet to see a DBX in the wild.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:48 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
I guess you never came across a Lotus. Maybe Koenigsegg? Lombo Gallardo? Noble M600? How about Mc Lauren F1? Pagani C12S? All use supplied motors.
All boutique chassis designers with no in house engine to start with. Lotus always used bought-in engines from day 1. Not comparable to Aston. There was no excuse for them to go outside for an engine; especially a fart machine not in keeping with the Aston sound.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
All boutique chassis designers with no in house engine to start with. Lotus always used bought-in engines from day 1. Not comparable to Aston. There was no excuse for them to go outside for an engine; especially a fart machine not in keeping with the Aston sound.
Bentley engine, to a Jag derived V8, to a Ford derived V12, etc....... They've parts binned just as much as they've produced.

No excuse? Lol, they had no MONEY. They are a tiny company in the industry and without the resources of a parent couldn't get it together, so they bought-in a great option. The V12 coming in the next DBX variant and Vantage will be the run-out of that engine. I doubt they build more than 500 of both. There will NEVER be another in-house ICE engine. Partly because of electrification and mostly because it makes ZERO financial sense. Save those pennies for the V12, cause that's your last crack.

I will joyously purchase the current car and drive the wheels off of it.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:52 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
Best stated by Car and Driver last September…

Old 09-16-2021, 08:17 PM
Stwsam is infamous around these parts
Bentley engine, to a Jag derived V8, to a Ford derived V12, etc....... They've parts binned just as much as they've produced.

No excuse? Lol, they had no MONEY. They are a tiny company in the industry and without the resources of a parent couldn't get it together, so they bought-in a great option. The V12 coming in the next DBX variant and Vantage will be the run-out of that engine. I doubt they build more than 500 of both. There will NEVER be another in-house ICE engine. Partly because of electrification and mostly because it makes ZERO financial sense. Save those pennies for the V12, cause that's your last crack.

I will joyously purchase the current car and drive the wheels off of it.
learned several decades ago, never say never unless you love humble pie for desert.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Stwsam
learned several decades ago, never say never unless you love humble pie for desert.
Fair enough, however with the march of electrification I'm really struggling to find the scenario where spending on a bespoke engine from drawing to road becomes a reality. Perhaps if synthetic fuel becomes reality, but even then. Doubtful.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:03 AM
Fair enough, however with the march of electrification I'm really struggling to find the scenario where spending on a bespoke engine from drawing to road becomes a reality. Perhaps if synthetic fuel becomes reality, but even then. Doubtful.
Who knew Vinyl, LP records would be the hottest commodity in the music business in 2021. My son works for a label out of Amsterdam and they are now pressured to
press LP's even though they are lucky to make a dollar on each pressing. They still make their money on streaming, but the LP is required by the fans.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:19 AM
Who knew Vinyl, LP records would be the hottest commodity in the music business in 2021. My son works for a label out of Amsterdam and they are now pressured to
press LP's even though they are lucky to make a dollar on each pressing. They still make their money on streaming, but the LP is required by the fans.
Def a good analogy, but pressing a record is not at the same scale as designing, building, and supporting a powertrain and it's infrastructure. Like the record, if ICE makes a comeback it will be niche compared to EVs. Like vinyl is to streaming.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:13 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Until EV technology solves energy storage and distribution, it won't be mainstream in my lifetime...

The world wants to solve climate change and move from fossil fuels but can't seem to get its arms around other more pressing health related issues...

Old 09-17-2021, 07:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
My local has 1 Vantage, 6 DB11's, and 12 DBX's on the lot. They're stocking what sells.

I never hated the Wolf, I just never bonded with the nose, and didn't love the ***, but from the side it's beautiful. I drove it like most of us and it's 100% improvement in all areas, power, handling, ride, those cool doors that stay in any position, the most comfortable seats ever, but the lack of stick that you can only buy with a limited AML mean I'll never be a buyer.

AM legacy wasn't as much "sports car". I don't think anybody would call a DB7 a sports car, it's a Grand Tourer. The DB9 showed a more modern redesign but was still a GT, the DBS, that adds the "sport". The original Vantage was also a GT. Underpowered, heavy, a Porsche would kill it in handling and braking and probably every other category except, beauty. That original pure Fisker design was just beautiful. The 2012 redesign with front splitter and bigger ducktail tried to sportify the design, and the 6 piston brakes definitely helped a bit on performance, but nobody would ever call a Vantage an incredible performance machine. The V12 added alot to the performance but made it nose heavy, though I'd never kick one out of the garrage.

I'm a legacy guy, I specifically looked for a 2009-2011, the original design, refreshed cockpit, with 4.7. It's a gentleman's car, it's just pure beauty without trying to look like a racing car. Sporty enough I can beat a stock GT in a close call if I get the hole shot but forget ever taking an SS. I've been pulled over 7 times in it and have never gotten a points bearing ticket. If I was driving a Wolf I don't think I'd have the same reaction from the officers. It looks like a race car in street clothes.

Anybody that loves any Aston deserves to be proud of their taste. The Wolf is beautiful it's just not me, especially with paddles. I always thought the original small grill Rapide was the most beautiful sedan ever built. I didn't like the DB11 at first but it's grown on me, especially the cars painted where they don't have the floating top look Palmer brought from Nissan. The Wolf is progress, but someday I bet you see legacy design start to filter back in. Like the Camaro and Mustang had gotten so far away from their original roots, they brought them back full circle to where they look more like the root cars than anything else. I see AM doing the same at some point.

Old 09-19-2021, 06:28 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Reel to reel is the ultimate for audiophiles. Records are for a wanna-be's!

Old 09-20-2021, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Reel to reel is the ultimate for audiophiles. Records are for a wanna-be's!
no argument !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022