Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Merc suspends AMG engines for 2022

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 12:36 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by habitualoffender
my local has 1 vantage, 6 db11's, and 12 dbx's on the lot. They're stocking what sells.

I never hated the wolf, i just never bonded with the nose, and didn't love the ***, but from the side it's beautiful. I drove it like most of us and it's 100% improvement in all areas, power, handling, ride, those cool doors that stay in any position, the most comfortable seats ever, but the lack of stick that you can only buy with a limited aml mean i'll never be a buyer.

Am legacy wasn't as much "sports car". I don't think anybody would call a db7 a sports car, it's a grand tourer. The db9 showed a more modern redesign but was still a gt, the dbs, that adds the "sport". The original vantage was also a gt. Underpowered, heavy, a porsche would kill it in handling and braking and probably every other category except, beauty. That original pure fisker design was just beautiful. The 2012 redesign with front splitter and bigger ducktail tried to sportify the design, and the 6 piston brakes definitely helped a bit on performance, but nobody would ever call a vantage an incredible performance machine. The v12 added alot to the performance but made it nose heavy, though i'd never kick one out of the garrage.

I'm a legacy guy, i specifically looked for a 2009-2011, the original design, refreshed cockpit, with 4.7. It's a gentleman's car, it's just pure beauty without trying to look like a racing car. Sporty enough i can beat a stock gt in a close call if i get the hole shot but forget ever taking an ss. I've been pulled over 7 times in it and have never gotten a points bearing ticket. If i was driving a wolf i don't think i'd have the same reaction from the officers. It looks like a race car in street clothes.

Anybody that loves any aston deserves to be proud of their taste. The wolf is beautiful it's just not me, especially with paddles. I always thought the original small grill rapide was the most beautiful sedan ever built. I didn't like the db11 at first but it's grown on me, especially the cars painted where they don't have the floating top look palmer brought from nissan. The wolf is progress, but someday i bet you see legacy design start to filter back in. Like the camaro and mustang had gotten so far away from their original roots, they brought them back full circle to where they look more like the root cars than anything else. I see am doing the same at some point.
plus +1

Old 09-27-2021, 02:47 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...ep-making-v8s/

Somebody didn’t get the memo....

Mercedes-AMG head Philipp Schiemer "I think there will be a future, yes," Schiemer, who oversees AMG, Maybach, and the G-Class said. "I think for the next ten years we will see the V-8s, for sure. We have a lot of customers who love their cars and I still think that we will see those people buying the [V-8] cars for a long time."