Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Northern California Aston club?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2022 | 06:31 PM
V12Stealth
Looks like the 5/8 crowd just have the lead as of today.

I think we can definitely do a breakfast run with a smaller group in the future. Unlike with Ferraris, the Aston folk are so few and far between. Last time we had folks who drove for over an hour just to get to the meet. So the later time allows for people coming from further.

And this is really meant to be more of a social thing so bringing your partner/kid/friend is encouraged.

I really don't think we will get proper parking at Davenport on a weekend but everything is optional after all. Maybe we can reserve something in the future for our group if there is interest/commitment.

For now the beach gives us guaranteed 1) parking 2) space outside.

Lots of options in Saratoga if you want to buy a packed lunch. Sprouts the grocery store has a decent deli section as well.

Old 04-25-2022 | 07:44 PM
sxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond repute
5/8 is Mothers Day in case anyone forgot about that I could still do that day though if that's where we land. Agreed on later start dates too, those Ferrari people are crazy.

Old 04-26-2022 | 03:20 PM
V12Stealth
Thanks for the heads up I had forgotten about that.

Bring your mothers if thats the case.

Last call before we lock down the date.

Old 04-27-2022 | 12:23 PM
colemanlogic is infamous around these parts
Mother's Day would be out for me (forgot it was that early) if that is what the group chooses....I will have to catch the next one...

Old 04-27-2022 | 01:08 PM
SFCARGUY is infamous around these parts
Sadly I will have to wait for the next group drive. I pitched the idea of a nice ride to my girlfriend on mothers day and she was not having it. I even offered to put her son in the trunk, then myself. But, the answer was still no. So I will have to hear how great the drive was from you all. Cheers!! Post a bunch of pictures.

Old 04-27-2022 | 01:41 PM
V12Stealth
Please update the spreadsheet with your preferences. We pick the soonest date with the most number of votes. It doesn't have to be mothers day.

Old 04-27-2022 | 01:42 PM
V12Stealth
We are tentative for 5/1 now. I will call it tonight. Please update your preferences.

Old 04-27-2022 | 04:10 PM
sxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond repute
I was hoping to have my car by this weekend, but just got a call that it needs a new clutch, so won't be this week. Maybe the next one? Or maybe I'll have to catch you guys on the next drive.

Sidenote - bitter sweet about the new clutch from the dealer - they have to replace it because they discovered the problem and don't want to deliver a bad car, which is great, but also I was kind of expecting to replace it with a twin-plate and a flywheel upgrade when it inevitably needed it, and the dealer won't install the non-OEM one. So is anyone interested in a brand new OEM clutch? If not I'd probably not replace it for a while...

Old 04-27-2022 | 06:44 PM
RudyP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sxates
I was hoping to have my car by this weekend, but just got a call that it needs a new clutch, so won't be this week. Maybe the next one? Or maybe I'll have to catch you guys on the next drive.

Sidenote - bitter sweet about the new clutch from the dealer - they have to replace it because they discovered the problem and don't want to deliver a bad car, which is great, but also I was kind of expecting to replace it with a twin-plate and a flywheel upgrade when it inevitably needed it, and the dealer won't install the non-OEM one. So is anyone interested in a brand new OEM clutch? If not I'd probably not replace it for a while...
I'm not sure I understand... Will the dealer just give you a new clutch that you would then sell?

Old 04-27-2022 | 08:11 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Purchasing this car from a Ferrari dealer that is keen to only sell cars in top condition, so now that they found a problem with the clutch they want to replace it before delivery. So it'll have a new clutch installed when I get it, but I was kind of hoping to upgrade the clutch at some point anyway. They will only install the OEM one. So I'd feel kind of bad replacing a new clutch with another one, seems kind of a waste. So if anyone wants an OEM one I'd be happy to uninstall it and sell it at a good price so I can get a twin plate.

Old 04-28-2022 | 10:50 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
There is an upgraded OEM AMR clutch made by Aston Martin. I'd have them use that part as a replacement since they will only use brand. Info from astons website below.

https://www2.astonmartin.com/en/acce...ormance-clutch

Old 04-28-2022 | 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
There is an upgraded OEM AMR clutch made by Aston Martin. I'd have them use that part as a replacement since they will only use brand. Info from astons website below.

https://www2.astonmartin.com/en/acce...ormance-clutch
Good call! I got them to agree to use this one, thanks!

Old 04-28-2022 | 08:01 PM
V12Stealth
Alright we are confirmed for this Sunday (5/1/22). Same format as last time. Bring something to eat/drink at the beach.

See you all there.

Also since there was equal interest for a restaurant stop, I will make reservations for us the next time. Anyone interested in wine tasting?

Old 04-30-2022 | 08:59 PM
colemanlogic is infamous around these parts
I won't be able to make tomorrow's drive...last minute schedule change...have fun, everyone, and I'll catch the next one!

Old 04-30-2022 | 10:01 PM
V12Stealth
Make sure to bring warm clothes. Its going to be sunny but it will be cool. A lot colder than our "Winter" drive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Northern California Aston club?