Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Transponder Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 02:56 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Transponder Paint

I am painting our EZ Pass transponder's black. Which black do you suggest? Flat, semi-gloss or something else? Anyone done this before?

Old 11-21-2021, 05:42 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Flat is my choice, easy and you don't need to worry about a perfect finish. Use a plastic friendly spray and prep with a good product.

Old 11-22-2021, 07:09 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
Just put a new Sunpass sticker on the wife’s car. The sticky side used to be a grey color and was visible from the front of the windshield. The new sticker’s sticky side is now bright green, with Sunpass written on it. It’s horrible, as it can be easily seen from the front of the vehicle. For us that prefer the thin sticker attached to the windshield , I wish I could paint that part black.

Old 11-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Tashakes is infamous around these parts
I have the transponder in the glove box, I hate how bulky it is. I take it out when there is a CHP by the toll readers. Other than that, they pick up the plate and charge me accordingly so I don't bother. I have gotten stopped for that but I take it out and place at the bottom of the windshield and say that it just didn't read. Has worked so far.

Old 11-22-2021, 01:01 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tashakes
I have the transponder in the glove box, I hate how bulky it is. I take it out when there is a CHP by the toll readers. Other than that, they pick up the plate and charge me accordingly so I don't bother. I have gotten stopped for that but I take it out and place at the bottom of the windshield and say that it just didn't read. Has worked so far.
I live in Florida and have a transponder on my windshield. I wrapped mine with a cheap matte vinyl

Old 11-22-2021, 01:20 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
What is a transponder?…. In flight we use it to be identified with a squawk code?

Old 11-23-2021, 03:25 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by captain Greg
What is a transponder?…. In flight we use it to be identified with a squawk code?
gizmo to pay tolls electronically

Old 12-15-2021, 07:30 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got it painted. Amazon had difficulty sending me black EZ Pass Velcro strips. What an ordeal. When I did finally get them, there was only enough to do one transponder. They included 3M double sided black tape cut to fit. Will have to use that on my wife's car. I just started the painting on hers this morning. On both, I used a satin black paint. Taped over the EZ Pass info and painted two light coats.

Here's some pictures. It was hard to shoot in the garage; a lot of glare.