Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Remote wont work, 07 vantage says "key in ignition"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 06:36 PM
VantageAston is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Advantage Dean
As I mentioned before, if you remove from the dashboard centre stack, there's some anti-tamper screws that can be removed carefully, and then it can be cleaned very carefully. As you said correctly, it's a very expensive part and here in the United Kingdom it's £800, which is just ridiculous...
Thanks, I’m just terrified to attempt it as I have the piano black interior which apparently is really easy to crack and it just as expensive at the ignition carriage.

what do you mean by anti tamper screws? From what I’ve seen (Redpants waterfall removal video), it’s two clips for the screen and then 4 clips for the waterfall fascia - they don’t show screws anywhere? Or do you mean to remove the ignition unit from the waterfall?

Old 07-05-2024, 02:59 PM
witek
ok, U need open passenger foot fuse box and disconnect green switch and connect it again. The „key in ignition” false communicate will dissapear.

Last edited by witek; 07-05-2024 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 06:44 PM
VantageAston is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by witek
ok, U need open passenger foot fuse box and disconnect green switch and connect it again. The „key in ignition” false communicate will dissapear.
Thank you so much for this but my issue got resolved. Long story short I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find the solution after two weeks, so my only option was to order a new ignition / dock.

I waited a few months and still struggled with the problem, until my annual service was due. I took it to the dealer just for the oil change and to reset the service message, and then when I got it back placed an order with redpants for the dock......

and suddenly realized the problem had gone away before the dock arrived! I canceled the order and asked the dealer what they did.

They were adamant that they hadn't done a thing but I don't believe them and I think they either reset a module or di you trick. The only other thing they did was charge the battery as it was a bit low.......

And then told me my battery was on the way out, so I asked them to a send a photo and found to my shock that the previous owner had installed a Volvo battery that was only 700 CCA and not the required 850 CCA.

To make matters worse, the Aston dealer I bought it from on the east coast did a timeless certification with that battery, despite it being not only the wrong spec but also the wrong size.

I got a new battery in there which is an Odyssey and all my gremlins went away. to anyone experiencing weird issues with an aston, get an high spec performance battery in there and it'll probably solve it.

One other thing: The car would die and need charging if I didn't drive it for two to three weeks. I just went 6 weeks and the car started first time on the odyssey battery. I'm going swap to them for all my other cars now.
So it may well have been your fix but