Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear dashcam installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 02:04 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Rear dashcam installation

Happy Holidays, thought I would continue sharing my installation experience, I have "taken" from these discussion boards for so many years, I hope my small contributions may help others. In this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ed-ground.html I spoke of my troubles in finding easily accessible constant/switched/ground for my Blackvue DR900X, I have been delaying installing the rear camera because I really did not want to see the rear video cable, connecting the rear camera in my rear view mirror. As you can imagine, you have to have enough wire to allow the hatch to fully open, when the hatch is closed, that "extra" wire creates a loop that is very visible in the rear view mirror. I spent a little time playing with the location and found that I could minimize the exposed wire by mounting the camera on the hatch itself (not the rear window) and behind the driver's seat. The result is that the extra wire tucks nicely behind the driver's headrest and isn't very visible. Yes, the viewing angle is slight compromised (due to not being centered), but clearly better than my previous solution, which was to rear the rear camera uninstalled-- Nothing earth-shattering here, but thought I would share, KH

Old 12-19-2021, 11:22 AM
V12Vin
Clean install. Double sided tape I presume?

Old 12-19-2021, 11:27 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Clean install. Double sided tape I presume?
Yes, Sir
Used the supplied 3M tape; I used a BlendMount in my Porsches, but the Vantage's rear view mirror is super-narrow, so I ended up using tape for the front camera as well. Not my favorite, but gets the job done and completely hidden from the driver's view, which is all I care about