Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM 2021 review and 2022 hopes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 09:31 AM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
AM 2021 review and 2022 hopes...

Well, 2021 is done and 2022 here we come…

In 2021 we were still stuck with this pandemic and 2022 is off to a rough start but hopefully by summer we’ll put this thing behind us for most part…TBD

Aston 2021 was pretty uneventful cars wise and Tobias/Stoll mostly focused on plans for 2025+ and getting the operations figured out. In 2021 we got the DBX in full, F1 increased presence, the Valkyrie supercar starting production and a teaser on V12 Vantage. Old key Aston management were fired or resigned given new Tobias/Stoll reign. Roughly 6000 units world-wide accomplished and a push to better financials/operations (MB influence) but stock price still swirling the bowl. Given the auto boom 6000 units is mildly disappointing…but the cars designs are just not there…it’s all DBX and without it Aston may have gone BK.

Aston 2022 might bring more focuses on cars. We’ll get the V12 Vantage on the road and I’m hearing rumors of the cars getting interior upgrades or maybe some other exterior tweaks. I hope so as another 3 years with this current line-up will not be good for Aston. Aston needs to get the financials in better shape and the cars need to pull their weight. Haven’t seen a 2022 unit goal yet but if they get cars slightly updated then maybe 6600-6800 total units is possible. MB may move closer to a takeover if financials don’t improve…TBD. Anyway, if you have any 2022 Aston rumors to share please chime in…

Happy New Year and best of luck for 2022!

Old 12-31-2021, 02:47 PM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
I think the Vantage needs an overhaul of it's interior - it even made an article recently on the top 10 ugliest car interiors. Bring back the elegance (all cars not just the Vantage) of the past. Fix the nose - something more like the DB10, improve the electronics, and maybe it will start selling. A Ferrari Roma start at $220K including 7 years of annual service. Pretty much destroys DB11 sales. Aston needs to revamp service and warranty. A new Aston looks more attractive with 7 years service instead of gouging $2K annually for an oil change. Aston right now is not a better car than the competition - Andy Palmer made sure of that, it's the past so now they have to revamp the line and the value - bring back the elegance and Aston has a future. I think the new Vantage can be fixed - it's a pretty car with some incredibly bad design features making it unattractive. It needs a nose job, and a tummy tuck, I mean entirely new interior.

Old 12-31-2021, 05:21 PM
Viper98912 has a spectacular aura aboutViper98912 has a spectacular aura about
Agree. New bumper, new grill, new headlights on the Vantage. New grill on the DBS. Ditch the whole wide mouth big fish grill look. Maybe revise the rear taillights on both cars. Revise the interiors, make them more unique. Make the DBX a vehicle that's actually worth the price, or significantly drop the price and think about production operations increase so it competes against other cars with that level of performance and luxury and actually start pushing some volume that'll sell. When the Cayenne came out, it wasn't priced the same as a 911 Turbo S.

Then again, none of the design changes are easy in the automotive industry. Takes a least 2-3 years from design to tool to production. I have tons of faith that Tobias knows exactly what to do to make an amazing lineup that sells well. The problem is that it won't be finished in 2022; with the time requirements, we probably won't see any of these until at least 2024 model year. The best thing they have going for them right now in my opinion (for their production cars, not the hypercars) is the V12TT engine they have. It's a beast of an engine. They need to capitalize on that and use that as part of the halo of their vehicle brand.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:50 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
No mention of the Martin Whitmarsh hire? The may be the biggest news for AML in 2021. If only they can get Ron Dennis!

Old 01-02-2022, 09:35 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
President of the Americas, Adam Chamberlain a former MB sales/marketing may help as that position had been vacant for 2021.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:39 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
bring back the Cygnet!

Old 01-02-2022, 11:52 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Or the Tickford Metro......

Old 04-22-2022, 10:47 AM
MelbaMolina is infamous around these parts
I am searching for the Astron Martin 2021 reviews online and I am glad I have found your post in which you have shared them with us. While searching for it online, I also found this https://www.urdesignmag.com/lifestyl...ing-in-the-uk/ site in which I have found the importance of coursework writing in the UK. Thanks for sharing that review with us.

Last edited by MelbaMolina; 05-11-2022 at 04:21 AM.