Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First Car Purchase is an AM V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 08:34 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Spectacular first car -- congratulations! These are wonderful. I've had my '09 from new. After all those years, I still stare at it, and every drive is still an event. About pulling the exhaust fuse, yes, the valves can get stuck open, but it's very rare (more common in the damp UK than in TX). Enjoy it!

Old 02-09-2022, 06:59 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Go all the way and delete mufflers and with straight pipes... the sound is glorious, with performance and weight reduction benefits. While many like the old school 3 pedal manual, the ASM is a great drive, as long sf you keep it in sport mode and use the paddles...

Last edited by MRCW; 02-09-2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by advntge
Great point about the valves potentially becoming stuck if permanently left open. I didn’t consider that.

I’ll have to hear the decats in person before I follow through with it! Will wait a bit before I start modifying the car so I can really feel the difference in each upgrade
I wish I had the Vantage longer before installing the decats. Couldn't help myself. I like to remove the passive decat on most sports cars.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:32 AM
VintageCarCollector_5999 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Looks terrific. Consider buying the remote valve control. You'll love it and super easy to install.
Could you share the link of the valve control? I'd like to get one.

Also can you still install the valve control after you have done muffler delete + straight piped the car?

Is there any potential problems in having the valve control installed?

Old 02-09-2022, 08:36 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamesfromhouston
Could you share the link of the valve control? I'd like to get one.

Also can you still install the valve control after you have done muffler delete + straight piped the car?

Is there any potential problems in having the valve control installed?
https://www.cccharger.co.uk/product-...tages-model-s4

If there are no valves on your aftermarket exhaust, there is no reason to install the valve control.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:45 PM
advntge is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hedged
Fantastic....big fan of the blacked out grill, tail pipes, hood vents and side strakes. Be a good steward of this classic but drive drive drive!
Thank you. I think the contrast against the silver really pops

Originally Posted by MRCW
Nice! Go all the way and delete mufflers and with straight pipes... the sound is glorious, with performance and weight reduction benefits. While many like the old school 3 pedal manual, the ASM is a great drive, as long sf you keep it in sport mode and use the paddles...
Ha! That would be wild. I've heard clips of straight piped Vantages online but it's hard to translate how it will sound irl

Old 02-09-2022, 10:54 PM
Got the car back from the PPF shop today and the job was done flawlessly! I got the Suntek Reaction film installed on the whole car. It has high gloss and has hydrophobic properties similar to ceramic coating that supposedly last for the lifetime of the film.

If you are in the Austin area, I highly recommend Sunbusters Tint shop. Johnny and his team had great attention to detail and provided regular updates on the progress.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:37 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
A little late to the party but beautiful find and great pickup! Any initial impressions of the car now that you had it several months?

Old 04-25-2022, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by socialpro
A little late to the party but beautiful find and great pickup! Any initial impressions of the car now that you had it several months?
I’m over 1000 miles in and the car is awesome so far. Love the handling and gearbox!

I read a lot online about having to lift on the throttle to get smooth shifts, but I haven’t experienced that with the SSII. There are even times when I forget it’s a single clutch transmission, and I love that I still get the single clutch experience when shifting near redline with the “hypershift” feature. It’s the best of both worlds for me.

Haven’t had any issues yet but I expect the clutch replacement is looming with 19k miles on the clock. My only complaint so far is that it’s not as loud as I would like. I expect I’ll remove the secondary cats later this year.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:09 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by advntge
I’m over 1000 miles in and the car is awesome so far. Love the handling and gearbox!

I read a lot online about having to lift on the throttle to get smooth shifts, but I haven’t experienced that with the SSII. There are even times when I forget it’s a single clutch transmission, and I love that I still get the single clutch experience when shifting near redline with the “hypershift” feature. It’s the best of both worlds for me.

Haven’t had any issues yet but I expect the clutch replacement is looming with 19k miles on the clock. My only complaint so far is that it’s not as loud as I would like. I expect I’ll remove the secondary cats later this year.
Awesome - I'm over it for now driving manuals and looking for SS myself as well (although in a V12). If the right V8 comes up I might consider that also. Enjoy the car, shes a beauty!!

Old 04-27-2022, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by socialpro
Awesome - I'm over it for now driving manuals and looking for SS myself as well (although in a V12). If the right V8 comes up I might consider that also. Enjoy the car, shes a beauty!!
Thank you and good luck on your search! I'm hoping to get a Gaydon-era V12 Aston in addition in the next few years. I can't say I'm inspired by the current lineup.

Last edited by advntge; 04-27-2022 at 08:06 PM.