Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First Car Purchase is an AM V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 12:19 AM
advntge is infamous around these parts
Smile First Car Purchase is an AM V8V

Hello all,

I recently turned 25 and decided to treat myself to something special... a 2013 V8 Vantage in Tungsten Silver! This was quite an endeavor for me, as this was the first car I have ever purchased, but I am over the moon.

The car has 18k miles, two previous owners, and the Timeless warranty. From the looks of the interior and exterior, it appears the car has been well taken care of and I intend to keep it that way.

Currently getting a PPF done on the whole car and am looking forward to putting it through its paces on some nice backroads when it is back.

Cheers,
advntge

Old 02-08-2022, 06:24 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
Nice find! beautiful. The PPF is a very smart move.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:32 AM
07sportspack is infamous around these parts
Congrats ! Very nice. You'll be smiling on those backroads. With your noted driving desires and 18,000 miles the car it may have 9 year old tires that look ok. It would be good to double check them. Enjoy!

Old 02-08-2022, 07:10 AM
Import has a spectacular aura aboutImport has a spectacular aura about
Congrats…that’s a fine choice..and looks like a great find..

Old 02-08-2022, 08:41 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your new car. Tungsten silver is a beautiful color especially in direct sunlight.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:47 AM
Thanks everyone! It puts a smile on my face every time I look back at it.

Originally Posted by 07sportspack
Congrats ! Very nice. You'll be smiling on those backroads. With your noted driving desires and 18,000 miles the car it may have 9 year old tires that look ok. It would be good to double check them. Enjoy!
I did check the tires before purchasing. They were fitted less than 2 years ago and are the Bridgestone Potenza S007A (OEM tires for the DB11 or new Vantage.. I can’t remember). I am optimistic that they will perform better than the OEM RE050A’s, which I have heard less than stellar things about.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Looks terrific. Consider buying the remote valve control. You'll love it and super easy to install.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:44 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, what a great first car! Ballsy move . . . I would have LOVED to have driven that beauty in my 20s . . . Who am I kidding, even now, she's a beaut! Enjoy, KH

Old 02-08-2022, 09:52 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
congrats! looks great! Is that a manual or SS?

Edwin

Old 02-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Looks terrific. Consider buying the remote valve control. You'll love it and super easy to install.
I am considering it but am wary of introducing aftermarket electronics. I have yet to pull the fuse so that’s step 1 and perhaps I will want them always open.

Originally Posted by khiroshima
Congratulations, what a great first car! Ballsy move . . . I would have LOVED to have driven that beauty in my 20s . . . Who am I kidding, even now, she's a beaut! Enjoy, KH
I considered waiting until I am older, but life is too short

Originally Posted by M32
congrats! looks great! Is that a manual or SS?

Edwin
It’s a SSII with sportspack. It has all the options I wanted (CF bodypack and trim, glass switches, premium audio, and memory seats), except for the extra 10hp, but that’s nothing that can’t be overcome with a secondary cat delete

Old 02-08-2022, 11:54 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by advntge
It’s a SSII with sportspack. It has all the options I wanted (CF bodypack and trim, glass switches, premium audio, and memory seats), except for the extra 10hp, but that’s nothing that can’t be overcome with a secondary cat delete
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing another modded vantage in texas

Edwin

Old 02-08-2022, 12:11 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am considering it but am wary of introducing aftermarket electronics. I have yet to pull the fuse so that’s step 1 and perhaps I will want them always open.
If you pull the fuse, you are already more than 50% done on the upgrade. The remote valve control is just a replacement fuse and is better for the car than just removing the fuse. You still want to the valve to move or it could get stuck down the road.

The decats are a hoot and any muffler kind of place can install them. On my Vantage, I had them installed at the Monroe muffler shop down the street. Between the valve and decats; it'll make the car even more wicked feeling!

Old 02-08-2022, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
If you pull the fuse, you are already more than 50% done on the upgrade. The remote valve control is just a replacement fuse and is better for the car than just removing the fuse. You still want to the valve to move or it could get stuck down the road.

The decats are a hoot and any muffler kind of place can install them. On my Vantage, I had them installed at the Monroe muffler shop down the street. Between the valve and decats; it'll make the car even more wicked feeling!
Great point about the valves potentially becoming stuck if permanently left open. I didn’t consider that.

I’ll have to hear the decats in person before I follow through with it! Will wait a bit before I start modifying the car so I can really feel the difference in each upgrade

Old 02-08-2022, 03:47 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Fantastic....big fan of the blacked out grill, tail pipes, hood vents and side strakes. Be a good steward of this classic but drive drive drive!

Old 02-08-2022, 03:51 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Will wait a bit before I start modifying the car so I can really feel the difference in each upgrade
Already showing maturity beyond your years . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Car Purchase is an AM V8V