Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Amelia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:31 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Amelia

I will be at the cars and caffeine tomorrow with the Aston Martin V8Vantage GTS. It would be great to see some of you. I will also be a class host for the Concours on Sunday afternoon for the horseless carriage class.

This is a picture of our Aston. Hope to see you at Amelia.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:48 PM
Import has a spectacular aura aboutImport has a spectacular aura about
I’m just envious of your current weather..lovely Aston…have fun

Old 03-04-2022, 10:15 PM
61mga is infamous around these parts
those are probably the only wheels i've seen that look better than the standard ones i've got on my '07 vantage. i'm a sucker for five spoked wheels on a sports car.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:11 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
A member on the AMG site will have his 2021 AMG GTR Black Series there. look for him. I was going to attend but had to cancel my plans.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:05 AM
Import has a spectacular aura aboutImport has a spectacular aura about
That’s a pretty fine car too….

Old 03-05-2022, 09:09 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BWings
A member on the AMG site will have his 2021 AMG GTR Black Series there. look for him. I was going to attend but had to cancel my plans.

how fast before wing develops noticeable downforce? Is it tracked often?

Old 03-05-2022, 09:21 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
I don't think this guy tracks his car, but this car is almost a waste off the track. I have the "smaller brother" of this car. If you've never rode in one, it will ruin any perception you have of MBs and luxury.

Here is an article that is a good read on some performance cars including this one. Some mention of its track performance:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...r-of-the-year/

Old 03-05-2022, 02:29 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
A few pictures from today. I will try and get some more tomorrow.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:44 PM
Mike Gray is infamous around these parts
Gene:

I saw your terrific GTS on the show field today. Looks great! i also spotted a new Vantage that had a pretty good, and appreciative, crowd gathered around it. I saw just about all the cars you posted photos of above, except those lined up for the RM Sotheby's Auction. Some really stunning cars for the "under card event"!

Nice to see some Aston representation at Amelia. I was there for Porsche Werks on Friday and the BMW M-cars exhibition today. Decided I didn't feel like fighting the crowds on Sunday and came on back homel

Enjoy the Sunday show!

Old 03-06-2022, 04:46 PM
As promised a few car pictures from the Concourse today. Met a lot of really nice people today. The ‘32 Ford highboy belongs to Bill Warner a good friend and founder of the Amelia Concourse. This is the first year for Bill not being the chairman. The Concourse was sold last year to Hagerty.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Tom_Boy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BWings
I don't think this guy tracks his car, but this car is almost a waste off the track. I have the "smaller brother" of this car. If you've never rode in one, it will ruin any perception you have of MBs and luxury.

Here is an article that is a good read on some performance cars including this one. Some mention of its track performance:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...r-of-the-year/

Thank you for posting. I'll look at the link. I attended an AMG event in Austin @ COTA in 2016. Got a pro-dive ride in one of the high HP 'base' AMG GT models... Hit just north of 145 on the straight in street trim. Bit of a roller-coaster ride. Kinda made my E63 w/P030 feel real weak on the ride back to DFW. I had hoped they would have come way down in price by now, but no such luck---That's why I ended up with the Aston for now.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tom_Boy
Thank you for posting. I'll look at the link. I attended an AMG event in Austin @ COTA in 2016. Got a pro-dive ride in one of the high HP 'base' AMG GT models... Hit just north of 145 on the straight in street trim. Bit of a roller-coaster ride. Kinda made my E63 w/P030 feel real weak on the ride back to DFW. I had hoped they would have come way down in price by now, but no such luck---That's why I ended up with the Aston for now.
AMG GTs have been holding their own. Not going crazy, but I'm up about $10K/$12K over my purchase almost two years ago now. The Black Series pictured above was a very limited 2021 run which is now over. Only about 350/400 cars to NA. MSRP on this car is $300K, most dealers ADMed the car $250K/$300K over MSRP. Aston is still on my bucket list, probably next when I get tired of this one.....but....

Old 03-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Gene,

GREAT pics! I am sorry I had to change plans and miss this year...maybe next. I wanted to do Amelia and Bike Week, but priorities got in the way.

Turns out the AMG guy heard it was going to be rainy and chickened out so he was a no show.

Old 03-12-2022, 01:18 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Gene, it was great talking with you, both on Saturday at your car (gorgeous) and Sunday at the Horseless Carriage class.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:59 PM
AM4884 is infamous around these partsAM4884 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the photographs. What a great event!