Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather Repair - Looking for Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 08:29 AM
UNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond repute
Leather Repair - Looking for Recommendations

I have several areas of my interior (the leather) that are in need of touch up. Primarily on the center console, and just behind the driver's seat. The previous owner had a shop install an auxiliary audio adapter, and they damaged the leather, broke the start button, and broke the ski slope in the process. I'm working on sourcing the other parts, and am open to any sources you may have there as well. That said, I need to repair my leather. I had previously read that https://www.colourlock.com/index.html might be a solid option. Their website shows that they are currently only selling to customers in the UK. Does anyone have another company that they have used with solid results? The car is an 07 V8 Vantage with Obsidian Black leather and Falcon Grey stitching.

Old 04-05-2022, 12:48 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I've used colourlock. Good products. They are on Amazon in US

Old 04-05-2022, 08:18 PM
61mga is infamous around these parts
i've recently noticed that the leather on my center armrest, like just about every vantage, has stretched and has an unsightly wrinkle in it (sort of surprised that it wasn't glued to the underlying support piece). i think i'll soon be taking it off and attempting to fix it myself. it's not as if i haven't had that piece off a number of times in the past....

,,,a couple days later...

removed it today. it's stapled to the underlying plastic support piece with about a hundred small staples. it'll take me a hour to remove them all, plus a trip to the hardware store for some contact cement. stapler and staples. then another hour or two (or three or four) to re-assemble. i may just call around and see if i can find an upholstery shop that 'll do it for less then a hundred.... IDK..

the arm rest covering is vinyl. i thought for sure it was leather but on my 2007 vantage it's vinyl. it also has what was probably a 3/16" layer of open cell foam between the vinyl and the plastic. after 15 years it has disintegrated and left the vinyl loose. no wonder it is wrinkled. today i took it to an auto upholstery shop and they'll be putting new foam in and reattaching it. estimate was an hour and a half of work. the new foam is necessary to make it look right.

Last edited by 61mga; 04-09-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:16 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My local AM dealer has a leather repair service that visits as needed. Service manager swears by their results. I assume all the exotic franchises have a similar service on call.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:08 AM
UNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond reputeUNDRPSI has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
My local AM dealer has a leather repair service that visits as needed. Service manager swears by their results. I assume all the exotic franchises have a similar service on call.
Thanks for the information. I'll give the local dealer a call and see who they use. I also checked on Amazon, and while CoulorLock does sell their products there, they don't sell custom match colors.

Old 04-06-2022, 11:27 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
Thanks for the information. I'll give the local dealer a call and see who they use. I also checked on Amazon, and while CoulorLock does sell their products there, they don't sell custom match colors.
thought you said you have obsidian black? That's not custom...

Old 04-08-2022, 01:51 PM
Argus has a spectacular aura aboutArgus has a spectacular aura about
YouTube has any all the information you need to do the repair yourself. It will also give you an idea on the time it takes to do the work. Costs for the materials is not bad at all. It’s just the time needed.