Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My New car! A 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 4.7 Sportshift II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 11:50 PM
EDVTEC
May everyone forgive me if I post too many photos of my car. Blaming me for doing this is like blaming a mother for showing too many photos of her child. Oh! What a great sin! Unforgivable!...

This thread is only about that, only about my car, as explained in the subject. If you don't like seeing so many photos of a spectacular car in which you might be interested, please don't see it or don't comment on it, if your connection is simply bad, please, maybe you should change your internet provider or better yet, buy a chinese car

I'm sure there are many people on this forum who enjoy the opposite, like me. When I first joined this forum, I never thought that someone would ever complain about having too much information or too many images of something. Quite the opposite. The more the better. Simply seeing millions of photos and saving them on my hard drive dreaming of having one of these wonders, as was my case, is a pleasure.

I just want to share with everyone the sublime beauty of this car.

Excuse me again...

Old 02-05-2024, 08:53 AM
sweet991S
Well put - we ALL love our cars. Just that some days some of us can be snarky......(that said, those were alot of pics).....now go out and drive that Wild Beast!

Old 02-15-2024, 09:23 AM
Undertaker69 is infamous around these parts
I've always been a huge fan of "unique" interior colors. Your car is an unbelievable spec. That interior is truly drop dead gorgeous and that car is in immaculate condition. Congrats on the new Vantage! Hoping the join the club soon. I'm on the hunt as we speak.

Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM
sweet991S
yes, I am SUPER stoked to get it next week.....!!

Old 02-15-2024, 01:16 PM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by Undertaker69
I've always been a huge fan of "unique" interior colors. Your car is an unbelievable spec. That interior is truly drop dead gorgeous and that car is in immaculate condition. Congrats on the new Vantage! Hoping the join the club soon. I'm on the hunt as we speak.
Thanks so much for your comment!!!

Old 02-20-2024, 07:17 AM
bjmsnlaw is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by EDVTEC
May everyone forgive me if I post too many photos of my car. Blaming me for doing this is like blaming a mother for showing too many photos of her child. Oh! What a great sin! Unforgivable!...

This thread is only about that, only about my car, as explained in the subject. If you don't like seeing so many photos of a spectacular car in which you might be interested, please don't see it or don't comment on it, if your connection is simply bad, please, maybe you should change your internet provider or better yet, buy a chinese car

I'm sure there are many people on this forum who enjoy the opposite, like me. When I first joined this forum, I never thought that someone would ever complain about having too much information or too many images of something. Quite the opposite. The more the better. Simply seeing millions of photos and saving them on my hard drive dreaming of having one of these wonders, as was my case, is a pleasure.

I just want to share with everyone the sublime beauty of this car.

Excuse me again...
It’s your thread man, ignore the naysayers.
There’s nothing wrong with admiring the beauty of your car, we all do that especially if it’s our first baby.

They just can’t comprehend the staggering fondness for your baby.
Such a stunning, amazing car btw, I hope you still take care of it like day one!

Old 02-22-2024, 07:30 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by bjmsnlaw
It’s your thread man, ignore the naysayers.
There’s nothing wrong with admiring the beauty of your car, we all do that especially if it’s our first baby.

They just can’t comprehend the staggering fondness for your baby.
Such a stunning, amazing car btw, I hope you still take care of it like day one!
Thanks for your comments!! For sure, I am taking care of it like day one, or even more!!!

Regards

Old 03-25-2024, 03:31 AM
kilog is infamous around these parts
Your Aston Martin sounds absolutely stunning! That deep purple interior must turn heads wherever you go. How does it feel to drive something so luxurious? And that Meteorite Silver, I can only imagine how it looks in the sunlight! I've always been curious, do you find the Sportshift II transmission as responsive as they say? I've always thought shipping a car, especially an electric one, would be fraught with risks and complications. But, after reading up on https://www.a1autotransport.com/electric-car-shipping/, it turns out it's not as daunting as it seems. They really break down how safe and straightforward it can be with the right precautions. Have you ever considered shipping it for a holiday or a special drive somewhere?

Last edited by kilog; 03-26-2024 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:30 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
Nice Vantage

I have had 7 Vantages (4 V8's and 3 V12S). I went a year with a new C8 Vette and missed the visceral experience that only a previous gen Vantage provides, so I bought a 2011 V8 Vantage and highly updated it. Like yours the interior was pristine, but the seat bolster had wear which I got an expert to re-dye the seat, now it looks as new as yours. Aston black interiors seem to wear better, and other colors not so much (mine is Sahara Tan). I miss the V12S - same car but just a bit more special, so I might sell mine and find a nice V12S - not sure. Anyway, the Sportshift was intended to manually shift, never press (D) because it's not intended to drive that way. The computer downshifts automatically just fine, but manually upshift. Also wait till the light on (N) appears to show that the clutch has done the 'kiss point' otherwise shifts are crap. I had a few Meteorite Silver Vantages - one of my favorite colors. Mine is Midnight Blue which I would not order from the factory that way, but it's more like an English Gentleman's sportscar look, especially with the Sahara Tan interior with a bamboo ski-slope.

Old 03-25-2024, 11:30 AM
Denny 6.53 is infamous around these parts
That interior is beautiful. When I read your text before I saw the pics, I had my doubts. Seeing the pics though changed my mind. I have the same wheels on my '11 V8V S, but painting the centers black totally changes the look. Is it powdercoated or paint? What color is the carpeting? It looks tan to me in the pics. Thinking that a gray to match the body color might be my choiced.

Anyway, best of luck with the car.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:03 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by kilog
Your Aston Martin sounds absolutely stunning! That deep purple interior must turn heads wherever you go. How does it feel to drive something so luxurious? And that Meteorite Silver, I can only imagine how it looks in the sunlight! I've always been curious, do you find the Sportshift II transmission as responsive as they say? I've always thought shipping a car, especially an electric one, would be fraught with risks and complications. But, after reading up on https://www.a1autotransport.com/electric-car-shipping/, it turns out it's not as daunting as it seems. They really break down how safe and straightforward it can be with the right precautions. Have you ever considered shipping it for a holiday or a special drive somewhere?
Thank you for your comments. The truth is that the feeling of driving something like this is very comforting and you never get tired of it. I enjoy not only driving it, but simply admiring it.
I am delighted with the 7-speed Sportshift II transmission. It seems to me that it fits perfectly with the character of the car and I don't have any criticism of it.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:06 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by Denny 6.53
That interior is beautiful. When I read your text before I saw the pics, I had my doubts. Seeing the pics though changed my mind. I have the same wheels on my '11 V8V S, but painting the centers black totally changes the look. Is it powdercoated or paint? What color is the carpeting? It looks tan to me in the pics. Thinking that a gray to match the body color might be my choiced.

Anyway, best of luck with the car.
Thank you so much for the comments. Really, live and direct it is even much more beautiful than in the photos.
The center of the wheels is painted gloss black.
The color of the carpets and rugs is "Phantom Grey"

Old 03-26-2024, 09:08 AM
EDVTEC
The V12 Vantage is brutal... really nice.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:10 AM
EDVTEC

Old 05-23-2024, 05:11 PM
ragingfool35 is infamous around these parts
that is a lot of pics, you must expect some teasing regarding the number lol! that Pimp Plumb interior is awesome, i am jealous! revel in your ownership as long as you can. i recently purchased a 2009 V8V coupe and stare at it often, but just topped 20 years with my Lotus Esprit and i still go into the garage at night and admire it; still gets those endorphins flowing

Last edited by ragingfool35; 05-23-2024 at 08:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New car! A 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 4.7 Sportshift II