Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My New car! A 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 4.7 Sportshift II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 12:51 AM
EDVTEC
My New car! A 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 4.7 Sportshift II

Hi everybody!

This is my first thread, and it is simply to introduce myself and my new purchased car: It's an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe, with a 7-speed Sportshift II transmission. It is a robotized manual gearbox (not automatic) with a clutch and fixed paddles on the steering column. The engine has 4.7 liters, 420 hp at 7300 rpm, with a torque of 470 Nm at 5000 rpm. This specific unit is from 2013, from Hamburg and was imported to Spain in 2020. Right now it has 39,500 km. The exterior color is "Meteorite Silver" and the interior color of the leather is "Deep Purple". The wheels are the 19" "V-Spoke Diamond Turned alloy" from the Vantage S, with the central part painted in gloss black. Even the leather still smells new! I had never seen a Deep Purple interior and I have to say that it is stunning!!! Pictures do not make justice to the beauty and elegance of this color. I am delighted with this combination. It's awesome and I love it. You have to see it live. At first I was hesitant about the color of the interior, I had never seen one like this, not even in photos, but once I saw it live, I assure you that it is impressive, elegant and unique. The car comes very well equipped, with a browser, iPhone and bluetooth control, 700W premium audio and a thousand other niggles... I don't miss anything. It is, without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned. The most luxurious, and the most elegant. The finishes are perfect, it still smells like good leather, there is not a single plastic, everything is aluminum, titanium, leather or alcantara. It is a luxury with capital letters. Come on, I'm blown away with the interior and its finishes.

I am really in love with the car. It is beautiful, elegant, classy, practical, sportive... I like everything about this car!!. I have to say that I read so many bad thing about this transmission that I was a little scared at first, but after having driven the car, I have to say the the Sportshift II trasnmission with 7 gears it is absolutely perfect to me!!! I love it!!! I would not change it for the manual one, never!!!. I think from 2011 on, with the Vantage S, a lot of improvements were transferred to all the Vantage models, and the Sportshift II was the most important one (moreover the center console, some design details in the bodywork, etc.)

For sure, first thing I have done was removing the fuse 15 and install the remote control from "CCcharger". Nice device. I have installed as well a "Bovee1000" to manage the iPhone with Spotify, Waze, etc. I fully recommend both things. I have also purchased the official interior car cover, with an amazing quality. I also installed a switch for disconnect the battery and I confirm that nothing wrong happens when to reconnect the battery, just to reset windows and clock. That is all.

Let's see... sensations... wow, I don't even know what to say, it has nothing to do with either the Ferrari 348 GTB or the Honda S2000. THEY ARE NOT COMPARABLE. It's something else, and another league, other generations... This Vantage is much more in everything. It is very sporty, brutal sound, elegant but aggressive line and at the same time it is luxurious, comfortable and discreet. The acceleration is impressive (4.7s 0-100 km/h). If you put the Sport mode the changes are very fast, and the reductions are even more so. The sound is a beast: It's amazing, and I've also removed fuse 15 (in previous years it's 22) to activate or deactivate the exhaust bypass with a remote control. It is a modification that everyone does, without complications and is reversible. That sound is very nice, very fat and gross... Of course, everything is much more filtered than in the Honda and much more than the Ferrari, where everything is hard and rough. Of course, the sensations in the S2000 and the 348 are more mechanical and direct. The direction of the Vantage is perfect, quite hard even when stationary, it seems ideal to me. The brakes are impressive and the standard Bilstein damping seems to me to be perfect in hardness, being sporty but not uncomfortable.

The change, about which I had read many reviews, is very good, I find it amazing. I assume they are referring to the early version of the 6-speed Sportshift, but this latest 7-speed Sportshift II version is perfect. It is very fast (even more in Sport mode) and the reductions are impressive. You can also put the D in automatic mode and you don't have to worry about anything else. Of course, the pleasant and fun thing is to take it with the cams. I am delighted.

It is a perfectly usable car on a daily basis, if it were not for the fear of others... But it is very comfortable to use and has a very good trunk, with extra space in a tray behind the seats. Right now, I can't fault it! The consumption? Of course... in the city about 20-25 litres, but the other day I did a medium-long getaway and saw average consumption of 9 - 10 litres, so at legal speeds it's not that big a deal.

I don't know what else to say, because I'm still digesting it, but I am willing and happy to answer any questions. If the admin feels this message needs to be moved to another thread, go ahead.

I still can't believe it... An ASTON MARTIN!

Old 06-19-2022, 07:36 AM
Import has a spectacular aura aboutImport has a spectacular aura about
Wow…that’s a lot of pics…congrats..a beautiful car..welcome and enjoy…

Old 06-19-2022, 08:09 AM
Lefach is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! Beautiful car!! Next time please post some pics...LOL

Old 06-19-2022, 08:14 AM
EDVTEC
Thanks, an image worth a thousand words... or it was: A thousand images worth a word...?? LOL

Old 06-19-2022, 08:18 AM
EDVTEC
I forget to include some pics of the car cover...

Old 06-19-2022, 12:18 PM
d.p
d.p is infamous around these parts
Why tf did you post so many pictures? Enough to get someone an aneurism by looking at all of them.

Old 06-19-2022, 03:53 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by d.p
Why tf did you post so many pictures? Enough to get someone an aneurism by looking at all of them.
I stopped at the purple interior... looks interesting...

Seems like maybe the pics were from BaT...

Old 06-19-2022, 10:45 PM
EDVTEC
If anyone do not like to see so many pics, simply do not look them!!!

I thought the most pictures the best: At least, in my personal case, when I was looking for buying an AMV8 Vantage, I loved to find the most pictures as possible, just to be aware and informed about of all the details of the car. Specially about this interior color. I have never seen anyone like this before. Just try to find any other pictures in the web with this interior. I could not.

Old 06-20-2022, 02:50 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Congratulations on your new car - looks a lovely example and everyone on this forum knows what you mean when you say you love the car

well done

Graeme

Old 06-20-2022, 03:08 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by Graze
Congratulations on your new car - looks a lovely example and everyone on this forum knows what you mean when you say you love the car

well done

Graeme
Thanks so much Graeme!

Old 06-20-2022, 04:27 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by Lefach
Congrats!! Beautiful car!! Next time please post some pics...LOL
Thanks!

Old 06-20-2022, 06:07 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Any pics?

Old 06-20-2022, 07:06 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Any pics?

Old 06-20-2022, 08:12 AM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
Beautiful Vantage. I love the interior, beautiful!!

Old 06-20-2022, 08:14 AM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
What camera did you use? My photos never turn out well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New car! A 2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe 4.7 Sportshift II