Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Seat Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 06:08 PM
SemiF19 is infamous around these parts
Seat Replacement

Hey everyone, since I purchased my 06' Vantage I've been looking at it as sort of a project car. It's gorgeous, in fantastic shape and I love virtually every aspect of it, however, there is one thing I'm not in love with, not just on this car, but any car, it's electric seats. I just don't like them, period. My question........is it possible to replace the electric seats with manual ones? I Googled it and can't find a single example of anyone replacing the seats in their Vantage. Am I just living in fantasyland to think that I can do this?

Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I have an '04 DB9 with the early seats which I haven't liked since day one. My 6ft6" /235 pound posture isn't helping either I suppose. I bought a set of manual reclining 'sport-styled' seats and had these full reupholstered with the best available leather on the market. While in the process I had the seating cushion extended by 3 inches to support my upper legs. Have yet to take a picture of them fitted in the car but had them trial fitted in there before and they sit perfectly.

All you need to do is put a resistor on the airbagwiring to disable the airbag warning light, et voila:

Will post a picture of them installed shortly.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:45 AM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Those are gorgeous. Would love to see the installed pic.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:56 PM
SemiF19 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sdekoning
I have an '04 DB9 with the early seats which I haven't liked since day one. My 6ft6" /235 pound posture isn't helping either I suppose. I bought a set of manual reclining 'sport-styled' seats and had these full reupholstered with the best available leather on the market. While in the process I had the seating cushion extended by 3 inches to support my upper legs. Have yet to take a picture of them fitted in the car but had them trial fitted in there before and they sit perfectly.

All you need to do is put a resistor on the airbagwiring to disable the airbag warning light, et voila:

Did you do the work yourself or did you have a shop do it? I'm just trying to figure out how I'd get the current seats out?

Old 09-02-2022, 09:32 PM
CMCFIRM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sdekoning

Cant wait to hear more about this. My 05 DB9 seat are tge worst. A seat upgrade is definitely in my future. Following.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:37 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, took a bit longer then expected: just reunited with the car after 5 weeks due to a move overseas. As a result I'm driving the car from The Netherlands to Cyprus this coming week which will clock just shy of 3k kilometers on the clock and a 30hr Ferry from Athens to Limassol. Looking forward to the former... :-)

Old 09-06-2022, 12:00 PM
convexproblem is infamous around these parts
Wow that actually looks really good with the ivory leather despite the slightly off tone plastic harness hole surround. I am a fan of fixed back seats as in my head they are more solid (I have no idea if the ratcheting mechanism on a reclining seat is actually any weaker though) and obviously lightweight, but the stock seats have side impact airbags and the handy quick fold lever which is useful for getting behind the seats of the Vantage. I was thinking halo seats have some side impact protection but they look pretty out of place in a grand tourer.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by convexproblem
Wow that actually looks really good with the ivory leather despite the slightly off tone plastic harness hole surround. I am a fan of fixed back seats as in my head they are more solid (I have no idea if the ratcheting mechanism on a reclining seat is actually any weaker though) and obviously lightweight, but the stock seats have side impact airbags and the handy quick fold lever which is useful for getting behind the seats of the Vantage. I was thinking halo seats have some side impact protection but they look pretty out of place in a grand tourer.
Thanks. The hole surrounds are the last thing on the agenda to get some better finishing, ideally covered in alcantara same as the roof lining. Both seats have quick fold since this is a requirement to pass the annual inspection.