Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Seat motor bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 05:37 PM
wcl4 is infamous around these parts
Seat motor bad?

I found some factory carbon seats years ago, and I finally got them back today after close to a year of painstakingly finding the right materials to as closely match factory as can be. Much to my chagrin, the passenger side doesn't move-not forward/backward nor tilt forward/back. But the driver side works fine.

I've tried the usual method of resetting seat memory, removed and reinserted fuses 84 and 86 to no avail. I'm wondering if the seat motors have gone bad? The standard passenger seat worked fine before being removed.

Because of where the seats are on the rail, I can't access the holes to bolt the seat into the cabin.

This is for an 09 DBS. Any thing else to try?

Old 10-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Davil is infamous around these parts
I think Jason Statham is stealing your car.

Old 10-08-2022, 02:51 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I can see why it took you so long to find matching material colors

Old 10-15-2022, 12:04 PM
Andyb1217 is infamous around these parts
I just had a similar problem, but it was quickly resolved at my shop. I'm not sure what they did, so I can't quite offer that, but I at least wanted to offer up that I am very willing to bet it IS NOT your seat motor.

Old 10-15-2022, 09:20 PM
Anders S is infamous around these parts
If the driver side work, you can rule out the general electrical part.

If there is no click from any relay when trying to reset the seats, the seat module is dead for whatever reason.
I found that there are three wires for the modules to work and at least click (on a 2007 V8V, the same on DB9).

There are two larger orange/yellow wires going in to one of the connectors on the seat module. These should contain +12V. There is also, in the same connector, three black wires. The outmost one is one of the motors and can be disregarded, the two next to it should be ground.
There is also a thinner orange/yellow in one of the other connectors, that is seat memory and IC power. It should also be +12V.

When these wires are connected the module should respond to commands. Make sure that these are properly seated under the seat and have the correct potential.

That is what I can think of right now atleast.

EDIT:

In the same connector that the two thicker orange/yellow goes in to, there is also one purple and one white.
These two are the motor connections.
Release the connector from the seat module and plug in +12V on one of them and ground on the other. The seat should move in one direction. If you need to move the seat in the other direction just reverse the polarity.

Last edited by Anders S; 10-15-2022 at 09:25 PM.