Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage V8 2006 with key fob not working and "alarm service needed " alert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 11:39 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Vantage V8 2006 with key fob not working and "alarm service needed " alert

Ive done a little research on this issue, as it seems to be common in different forms. some say , replace the battery in the alarm horn, (located in the fender) or check battery key FOB, but the alert is now going and nothing changed... it worked the other day and just went out to lock the car and the fob didnt work. put the key in and saw the alarm saying " alarm system service needed" . ive heard there was a battery that is on the alarm horn that can go out after 4-5 years, and this car is 15 + years old now. (geezzzz where did the time go). anything we can do by ourselves to fix it, rather than taking it into the shop. my OBD tester ddint even pick up a code, but i have one that doesnt even recognize AM, only volvo.

thanks

Last edited by XWCGT; 01-19-2023 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:05 PM
61mga is infamous around these parts
i've read the post three or four times and it's still not clear to me if a new keyfob battery has been installed. if it hasn't (although i suspect it has) ...that's the place to start.

this section, "some say , reset the battery, or check battery key FOB, but the alert is now going and nothing changed..." in particular is unclear to me.

Last edited by 61mga; 01-19-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:56 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
i was talking about replacing the battery in the the alarm horn in the fender as that is what ive heard. No, i didnt change the battery in the FOB, because i have a back up that works and only used when i cant find the keys.... but that really doesnt matter, because the alarm warning is showing and that is independent of the key FOB having a battery or not.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Just an update, for some strange reason, now the alarm system is fully functional and has been for 6 months now. Any idea what could have caused it to start working again?? the alarm is not showing an alert on the warning screen either.

Old 09-06-2023, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by XWCGT
Just an update, for some strange reason, now the alarm system is fully functional and has been for 6 months now. Any idea what could have caused it to start working again?? the alarm is not showing an alert on the warning screen either.
maybe its welfare checks stopped. i know that's the thing that forced my brother-in-law back to work.

Old 09-06-2023, 04:48 PM
Haha... Maybe.... It needed a gap year

Old 09-06-2023, 07:38 PM
is the area where it's located subject to moisture? i think i remember reading somewhere that it's located in the LH wheel well? anyway, if so, maybe it's now behaving as it should now that it's "dried out". again, my brother-in-law serves as an example...

Old 09-06-2023, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by 61mga
is the area where it's located subject to moisture? i think i remember reading somewhere that it's located in the LH wheel well? anyway, if so, maybe it's now behaving as it should now that it's "dried out". again, my brother-in-law serves as an example...
my car has never even seen the rain, and it is in a dry garage. very weird...... i was getting used to the key used to turn the lock and started to figure out if i was going to tackle the battery change or have the dealer do it.... then , a few months ago, it started to work as normal.

Old 09-07-2023, 11:38 AM
Anders S is infamous around these parts
I don't think the alarm should affect the keyless entry system. My alarm module in my 07 Vantage has no battery at all anymore but the RKE works as it should.

Old 09-07-2023, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Anders S
I don't think the alarm should affect the keyless entry system. My alarm module in my 07 Vantage has no battery at all anymore but the RKE works as it should.
well thats interesting. as i mentioned. when i had the alarm issue warning, the keyfab wasnt doing anything . doors didnt lock or unlock .. the manual key did lock the car and the electronics were working as both doors would unlock . again, recently the fab worked and the alert was gone. even more weird now that you metion about the missing battery..... thanks