Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone installed the Naviks CarPlay unit for garmin based systems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 02:25 AM
Teekster is infamous around these partsTeekster is infamous around these parts

Forgive the quality of the presenters...

Old 04-24-2023, 06:41 AM
EDVTEC
Originally Posted by Teekster
https://youtu.be/IBESmBPHKgI

Forgive the quality of the presenters...
Thanks so much!!!!! Great video!!!

I wrote to the company and this is the message they have sent to me:

Hi, we are working on the manual for the 2012-2015 but the installation is similar to the older Aston. The installation manual attached, the biggest difference is that the second harness now goes in the trunk next to the Garmin unit. If you need any help during installation you can reach us at 718-797-9414we can help you via phone and video call using Facetime, Whatsapp, DUO and Zoom. We are available Monday - Friday 9am-7pm EST and Saturday's 9am-4pm EST. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank You

I attached in pdf the installation guide for q DB9 2008

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Aston Martin DB9 2008+ v.0.6.pdf (606.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-24-2023, 10:30 AM
I got the same communication.

Old 04-25-2023, 06:05 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
I am impressed (and scared) by the work.
Great job and perfect documentation.

Old 08-09-2023, 04:22 PM
magycks is infamous around these parts
What were the harnesses required to connect it all up? I'm guessing there might have been a T-Harness of sorts - you don't happen to have a photo of this?

Old 08-09-2023, 05:56 PM
I recall tapping into a harness behind the radio as well as one for the nav system in the boot. All of our documentation was in the video above.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:03 PM
trainwreck is infamous around these parts
Subscribed

Old 03-18-2024, 05:46 PM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
@Teekster It's been few months since you installed naviks unit, any issues? Did you end up installing front park camera? I'm thinking to go with Naviks for my 2013 Vantage, I'm assuming it's gonna be same as your car.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:16 PM
Should be the same. No major issues so far. I’m going to try to install the front camera in a couple weeks.

Old 03-20-2024, 12:10 PM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
Originally Posted by Teekster
Should be the same. No major issues so far. I’m going to try to install the front camera in a couple weeks.
does it come with new mic or you can use oem factory mic?

Old 03-21-2024, 06:23 PM
It comes with its own mic.

Old 03-31-2024, 07:02 AM
Well, I finally got around to installing a front camera. I didn’t make a video, as there is already an excellent video on YouTube by aston1936. I am jealous of all the extra space in front of the radiator on a DB9. The V12S is much more tightly packed, requiring removal of the front under tray to get access to the lower grille area. I also pulled the brake ducts off. My camera came with an RCA cable and power plug that don’t fit through the holes in the grille, so I tucked them over it (this is where removing the brake ducts comes in handy). I suggest sourcing one like he has in the video with a lower profile plug.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Just finished installing naviks with front camera.
thanks to op for good video, it was very helpful.
Just wanted to add some info how to take out side panel behind the driver seat. I did remove door jam weather stripping seal that gave clear view of fir type clip that holds the panel. Much easier to remove from that angle.
I ran my front camera wire through rubber boot on right side under dash wires that go through firewall. Removed right fender inner liner and went all the way to front of the car .
Overall happy with naviks unit and having front camera takes all the guessing when parking against parking stops.
One more thing I did I removed power socket and added USB
port inside armrest that can charge the phone or make wired car play.
My car is 2013 V8 manual.

Front cam view

USB port in armrest compartment

Front cam location

Old 04-17-2024, 05:46 AM
Great idea on the usb plug. Excellent work!

Old 05-06-2024, 08:17 PM
mbrandt1402 is infamous around these partsmbrandt1402 is infamous around these parts
Lots of really great info from everyone that has posted to this thread. Teekster and Doug's video is super helpful.

I gather that audio from the Naviks module goes through the analog Aux input. So digital on the phone, transmitted to the Naviks module via Wifi (?), then converted to analog and into the factory audio system via Aux input. I have the B&O system. I'm not sure if the B&O amps are digital, but if they are, there is another conversion from analog to digital for processing. The digital>analog>digital path would seem to be a bit of a compromise. Is there a detectible difference in sound quality?

Regardless, I suspect we would continue to use the built-in Sirius tuner and media stick for our music as there are plenty of cell dead spots in the mountains of the Pac NW. The OEM joystick actions seem to be keyed to the audio mode or to the Garmin nav (we are still learning the car). Does changing the audio source away from AUX compromise the Naviks system in any way other than killing any voice prompts from it?

I wonder if a wireless charging pad fits into the door pocket {edit: not even close!}. On second thought, if I'm having a good time driving the V8V, the phone won't be staying on the charging pad.

Thanks in advance for clarifying the details!

Last edited by mbrandt1402; 05-06-2024 at 09:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed the Naviks CarPlay unit for garmin based systems?