Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone installed the Naviks CarPlay unit for garmin based systems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 09:11 AM
mbrandt1402 is infamous around these partsmbrandt1402 is infamous around these parts
downeaster1, would your friend with the dealer installed IDCORE kit mind answering a question or two?

I would like to have Android Auto for navigation purposes and NOT have it interfere with joystick control of the other audio sources (we drive through large areas without cell service out here in the rural West). teekster gave me the run-down on the Naviks system in post #35. As I anticipated, you have to leave the joystick "slaved" to Aux to control Naviks, so listening to any other audio source and using the joystick requires a lot of toggling back and forth on the joystick setting. I suspect the IDCORE system works the same.

If your friend could give a quick overview of how the joystick interacts with other OEM uses and the IDCORE system, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've asked the ebay seller of an IDCORE system if he could supply user and installation manuals, but haven't heard back. The IDCORE website doesn't give many details nor make manuals available, probably because it is only sold through AM dealers.

Last edited by mbrandt1402; 08-19-2024 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2024, 04:42 PM
mbrandt1402 is infamous around these partsmbrandt1402 is infamous around these parts
I received a reply from the ebay listing: installation and operator manuals are only released to AM dealers. I suspect a guy could use the Naviks instructions and complete the IDCORE installation, but their decision regarding operating instructions would seem, to me at least, to crush interest in the system even through an AM dealer.

Without info on exactly how the joystick works while running CarPlay/Android Auto nav, I'm not at all interested.

Old 08-20-2024, 08:29 PM
Stwsam is infamous around these parts
Have used this company for Land Rover and plan on buying from them for my 2019 Vantage. They use the IDCORE system and are responsive to email. Also great pricing. My guess is everyone is really selling the same system produced in China being IDCORE

https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-aston-martin-vantage-db11-dbs-carplay-reversing-camera-navigation-retrofit/

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-20-2024 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Link
Old 08-21-2024, 09:47 AM
Teekster is infamous around these partsTeekster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by remydedez
hello, can i know the model of your camera ?

it was a cheap camera from Amazon under the ‘autosky” brand.

Old 08-21-2024, 10:18 AM
remydedez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Teekster
it was a cheap camera from Amazon under the ‘autosky” brand.
thanks , are you happy about the quality ?

Old 08-23-2024, 02:02 AM
Hello,
To have a more discreet appearance, I would like to drill the rear diffuser to integrate a mini camera (2) instead of a block (1) above the license plate that I find unsightly. Do you think it will work properly?

Thank you.

Old 08-23-2024, 11:41 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Hello,
To have a more discreet appearance, I would like to drill the rear diffuser to integrate a mini camera (2) instead of a block (1) above the license plate that I find unsightly. Do you think it will work properly?

Thank you.
I have mine installed on top of the license plate and the view is generally excellent. On one of my BMWs i have is mounted low and it is almost useless even with a wide view angle becase the center is so low.

I used a flat screen tv hooked up to the camera to finalize the location and view. Then you can install and then view into your screen on the car before final install.

Good luck

Old 08-24-2024, 05:15 AM
thanks , are you happy about the quality ?
yes, to be honest, I seldom use it.

Old 08-28-2024, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by bosiarz
I installed Naviks +/- 6 months ago.
+ good support from Naviks
+ supports front and rear camera. When you switch reverse to drive, turn on front camera for few seconds. You can also switch on front camera manually
+ installation is plug and play
+ no visible external parts (control with a radio unit switches/joystick)

- main unit with antenna must be in a cool place (behind the radio) - if not, it is overheating and hangs up
- system response is so so
- audio quality - because output is analog and before analog to digital conversion cables get some noise.
- some echo during phone calls (on the other side)
@Teekster is your feedback are same about naviks in your car ?

Old 08-28-2024, 07:09 PM
Pretty much the same. I turn my front camera on manually. Never had any overheating issues. The system response is a function of the factory joystick being so-so. I still prefer it to having an external joystick.

there is some audible noise because the aux input isn’t very clean. I experienced this when using other devices as well. Make sure your phone volume is set to max to maximize the s/n ratio on that end.

Old 09-14-2024, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Teekster
there is some audible noise because the aux input isn’t very clean. I experienced this when using other devices as well. Make sure your phone volume is set to max to maximize the s/n ratio on that end.
hello, In your opinion, could we solve the noise problem by changing the auxiliary plug to one with a better quality ? Because for me it will be a no-go to install a system that delivers a quality of sound less good than the original.

Old 09-14-2024, 09:10 AM
It’s not “less good,” as the original has noise through the aux input if you listen carefully for it.

Old 09-14-2024, 01:12 PM
I meant with the original built-in sound plug something into the auxiliary plug. I think there should not be this kind of problem with the systems aston installation.