Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Grill Conversion for 19+ Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2023 | 01:02 PM
|
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Grill Conversion for 19+ Vantage

Has anyone done this conversion to the slat grill? Has anyone done this outside of an AM dealer?

Old 03-24-2023 | 07:00 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
No, but I've seen the kit. I could install it for you if you get it painted. If not, you could try AVI in Boston. Might be cheaper. What's the quote? Kit was $1,900 unpainted last I saw. So add another $600-1k for paint.

Old 03-25-2023 | 11:35 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure you found this link as well, but just in case, here is where to get the kit (no affiliation): https://store.millermotorcars.com/co...ed-front-grill
I have been playing with the same idea, I flip flop back and forth . . . When I walk by my local dealer, sometimes I like the vaned grill and sometimes I like the Hunter. I'm a mess KH

Old 03-26-2023 | 09:28 AM
|
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by khiroshima
I'm sure you found this link as well, but just in case, here is where to get the kit (no affiliation): https://store.millermotorcars.com/co...ed-front-grill
I have been playing with the same idea, I flip flop back and forth . . . When I walk by my local dealer, sometimes I like the vaned grill and sometimes I like the Hunter. I'm a mess KH
That's pretty well priced considering it's Aston Martin and from an AM dealership. I assume my dealer would similarly priced?

Do you know how much it would be to convert black to chrome grill and finishers on a DB11?

Old 03-26-2023 | 10:26 AM
I know the window arch trims on the Vantage are something stupid like 👍 $2k per side. I asked about swapping from black to bright. I think AM have kept the price of the conversion kit low due to the polarized opinion on the 2 options. They want to move cars, IMO.

I bet there would be a dear price attached to the DB11 parts.

Old 03-27-2023 | 07:51 PM
FR500GT is infamous around these partsFR500GT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
I know the window arch trims on the Vantage are something stupid like 👍 $2k per side. I asked about swapping from black to bright. I think AM have kept the price of the conversion kit low due to the polarized opinion on the 2 options. They want to move cars, IMO.

I bet there would be a dear price attached to the DB11 parts.
Not to side track from OP but are these window trims even removable?

Old 03-27-2023 | 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Not to side track from OP but are these window trims even removable?
Yup, they mostly press into place with clips/tabs. That said they are literally some strips of flat aluminum either polished or powder coated flat black.

Old 03-28-2023 | 07:55 PM
Stwsam is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Has anyone done this conversion to the slat grill? Has anyone done this outside of an AM dealer?
yes there is a complete thread on this site with photos and instructions.