Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

TPMS failure - All 4 sensors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 08:25 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
TPMS failure - All 4 sensors?

Good evening guys,

I am having a TPMS failure message showing all 4 sensors are not communicating.
Could it be that all 4 sensors are dead? Or the antenna? Or the module?
My scanner can't identify the culprit...
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-01-2023, 12:01 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Sorry, wasn’t trying to be funny…all I saw was all four sensors bad and I recently had a friend who lost all four O2 sensors on his Audi and I jumped to conclusions. I’m glad that others chimed in with helpful info!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-01-2023 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:27 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Too funny GT3 Chuck

Old 05-01-2023, 05:48 AM
MikeSpillerr is infamous around these parts
Well, man, that's definitely not a good sign. It could be a few different things causing the issue, but here are a few possibilities to consider:
  • All 4 sensors are dead: It's not common, but it's possible that all 4 sensors crapped out at the same time. Maybe they're all just old and worn out, or maybe they got damaged in some way. Either way, it's worth checking each sensor individually to see if they're still working.
  • The antenna is busted: The TPMS antenna is what receives signals from the sensors and sends them to the module. If the antenna is damaged or malfunctioning, it could be preventing the signals from getting through. Make sure the antenna is in good shape and properly connected.
  • The module is fried: If neither the sensors nor the antenna seem to be the problem, it's possible that the TPMS module itself is on the fritz. Maybe it got shorted out or there's some other issue with the wiring. Unfortunately, this can be tricky to diagnose without some specialized equipment.
As for your scanner not being able to identify the culprit, that's a bummer.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:55 AM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeSpillerr
Well, man, that's definitely not a good sign. It could be a few different things causing the issue, but here are a few possibilities to consider:
  • All 4 sensors are dead: It's not common, but it's possible that all 4 sensors crapped out at the same time. Maybe they're all just old and worn out, or maybe they got damaged in some way. Either way, it's worth checking each sensor individually to see if they're still working.
  • The antenna is busted: The TPMS antenna is what receives signals from the sensors and sends them to the module. If the antenna is damaged or malfunctioning, it could be preventing the signals from getting through. Make sure the antenna is in good shape and properly connected.
  • The module is fried: If neither the sensors nor the antenna seem to be the problem, it's possible that the TPMS module itself is on the fritz. Maybe it got shorted out or there's some other issue with the wiring. Unfortunately, this can be tricky to diagnose without some specialized equipment.
As for your scanner not being able to identify the culprit, that's a bummer.
Is there a way to test the sensors and/or their batteries? Like a tire shop would have equipment to do that?

Old 05-01-2023, 02:08 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
My jag xfr likes to do that if one tire gets overinflated by a decent margin. This has happened twice to me during a fast spring warm up in Michigan. Check your tire pressures if in range.

You should also try swapping left and right wheels in front and back and see if that fixes it (sometimes different reading that past might reset something).

I’m sure it might be cheaper to buy a used or damaged Aston wheel or set of wheels than replace sensors if they are as stupidly priced as my jag sensors.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:23 PM
I can see 2 frequencies for the TPMS sensor: 433 and 315 Mhz.
315 Mhz is the one for the US market, correct?

Old 05-04-2023, 07:54 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
I can see 2 frequencies for the TPMS sensor: 433 and 315 Mhz.
315 Mhz is the one for the US market, correct?
Your VIN buildsheet will confirm the TPMS receiver freq programmed on the car. PM me if you don't have it

Old 05-04-2023, 08:21 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Good evening guys,

I am having a TPMS failure message showing all 4 sensors are not communicating.
Could it be that all 4 sensors are dead? Or the antenna? Or the module?
My scanner can't identify the culprit...
Thanks in advance!

Any reputable tire shop can scan your sensors to check them. Chances of them all going out at the exact same time is zero to none. What is your year, make and model?

Old 05-04-2023, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Fan24
Any reputable tire shop can scan your sensors to check them. Chances of them all going out at the exact same time is zero to none. What is your year, make and model?
It's a 2010 Aston Martin Rapide.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
Your VIN buildsheet will confirm the TPMS receiver freq programmed on the car. PM me if you don't have it
They're 433 Mhz.
I am glad I asked, thanks for the help!

Old 05-04-2023, 09:02 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
It's a 2010 Aston Martin Rapide.
RDE048 is the OE TPMS. 433mhz. You can just save a few bucks and get the less expensive "programable sensors" listed. I've had great service here. I would go to a shop and have them scanned first to see if they are all bad. If original 13 yrs is a pretty good run.

https://www.tpmsbargains.com/Aston-Martin-Rapide-TPMS-s/601.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-04-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2023, 08:09 PM
Quick update: I did install 4 new tyres with new TPMS sensors today, the error message is gone, no more issue.
Thanks for the input!