Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Foxwell 510e on 2019+ Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2023 | 07:30 PM
|
Stwsam is infamous around these parts
Foxwell 510e on 2019+ Vantage

I have a 510e that I used on my 2015 Vantage. I contacted Foxwell on using the device on the 2019+ and they instructed me to purchase Mercedes software from them which I have done. I can neither use smart vin nor manually enter my vin and have it recognized. Foxwell verified my vin and said it should work. I like the device but tiring waiting 24 hours between question and response from China. Anyone using their Benz software on the Aston?

Old 06-01-2023 | 04:39 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Similar experience with my 2017, since it has Bosch Motronic ECU and not Ford / Visteon. Foxwell 530 says it supports my model year, but it really doesn't very well, most of the DTCs codes are not even mapped correctly and most of the special functions don't work.

I recently bought a Thinkdiag2 for cheaper than I had paid for the FoxWell and it's night and day better support. After using both I don't know why people ever think foxwell is in any way better.

Old 06-01-2023 | 07:25 AM
|
Stwsam is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
Similar experience with my 2017, since it has Bosch Motronic ECU and not Ford / Visteon. Foxwell 530 says it supports my model year, but it really doesn't very well, most of the DTCs codes are not even mapped correctly and most of the special functions don't work.

I recently bought a Thinkdiag2 for cheaper than I had paid for the FoxWell and it's night and day better support. After using both I don't know why people ever think foxwell is in any way better.
appreciate this info. It Thinkdiag2 the actual model? Do you buy brand specific software?
Thanks again

Old 06-01-2023 | 08:41 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, the device is the 2nd Generation ThinkDiag. Bought it from the mfg: https://mythinkcar.com/professional-.../6-thinkdiag-2

The main difference is it's app driven (iOS, android) and special functions are subscription based.

I used it to recalibrate the Electronic Parking Brake piston and it worked well.

They've also answered my built-in tech questions directly within the app pretty fast.

Make sure it supports your year/model.

Here's the car config it's able to read on mine, it's pretty well itemized.