Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Emergency Metal Key for DB9 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2024 | 08:33 PM
GWP
GWP is infamous around these parts
I have purchased emergency keys for 2 different Astons. Your quoted pricing is in the ballpark. Both of mine came cut from the factory. I took the keys to a local locksmith who copied them for $20. I put the originals away for safe keeping and hid the duplicates on the car.

Old Today | 11:43 AM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
I just got to cut the emergency key for my 2010 Rapide.
When I unlock the car with the fob, I can lock it with the metallic emergency key by turning clock-wise.
However, when the car is locked, I can not unlock it with the metallic emergency key.
Is there a special procedure to do so?
Or should I try and oil the inside of the lock itself?

Old Today | 12:05 PM
corveight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
I just got to cut the emergency key for my 2010 Rapide.
When I unlock the car with the fob, I can lock it with the metallic emergency key by turning clock-wise.
However, when the car is locked, I can not unlock it with the metallic emergency key.
Is there a special procedure to do so?
Or should I try and oil the inside of the lock itself?
I’m guessing that the cable is either broken or separated from the latch. So it can pull the cable but when it pushes the cable the conduit moves away from the latch rather than pushing it as it should

Old Today | 12:06 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
That'd make sense!
It's happening on both doors though, such a pain...
I guess I am in to remove the door panels...
Thank you.

Old Today | 01:00 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Possibly the cut is incorrect. Tibbie keys will lock any car, but only the correct key code will unlock it. So you can take your newly cut key to any VH platform AM and physically lock it.