Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2019+ V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2023 | 01:27 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Great looking!!

Old 12-21-2023 | 01:32 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
Thanks. Here’s a pic of the carbon fiber hood vents on my old car…

Old 12-21-2023 | 02:28 PM
mbrunner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I also owned a 997 ('06 from new) that I let go last year. Amazing car but lacking in outright power. I moved from an Audi RS6 Avant to the Vantage because I love the pleasure of these big nasty V8's but wanted a more committed sports car experience that the RS6 couldn't offer. And as noted above -there are 911's everywhere. A testament to how wonderful they are but still lacking any exclusivity. I've seen only 1 other modern Vantage in the 6 months waiting for my car to be delivered. I have zero regrets (for now ) and love the entire experience.

If you were local I'd get you in it.

Have fun in the search!

Matt
Thanks guys, that color is amazing!

Just realized I have never posted on 6speed but had account here for 10 years...

I currently have a 997.2 C2S Manual so its definitely the right year/model and power is plenty. I have no complaints on the car apart from the fact its Black and another 911. Of course have other cars for daily driving year round and Lotus Exige for HPDE duties and checks that raw sports car itch so not short any driving excitement. Just finding it hard to part with the .2 and move on to other experiences.

I have found though once I start down some car itch it is very hard to stop until that itch gets scratched!

Old 12-21-2023 | 07:36 PM
Phil_rae is infamous around these parts
Can anyone comment on the availability of independent repair shops and the 2019+ cars? It appears you must buy the AMS2 software to talk to these cars. One of the biggest independents in the UK has a video discussing why he chose not to buy it. Basically, it is web based. The one laptop is tied to your account. No internet, no software. The software is about $50k and looking at the terms and conditions AM reserve the right to cancel your subscription with no refund if you either misuse the software ( power mods, turning off sensors etc.,) or they decide you are bringing AM into disrepute.

Since the bread and butter of independents is installing power mod, cat deletes, high flow cats etc. that seemed like too much of a gamble.

Especially when you consider the economics. Let us assume the indi charges a hidden $100 fee for every 2019+ that comes into a bay to pay for the software. Let us assume it is a big indi that sees, gosh, 20-30 cars per year of that vintage. That is two plus years just get your money back. If you had put the 50k in a 5% interest account instead, even longer. If you only see 10 cars per year you will pretty much never get your money back.

Anyway, I am just wondering if the big US independents have bought the software or are waiting for the price to come down.

Philip

Old 12-21-2023 | 07:44 PM
Boris!2017
rscharer, After reading your post on another thread about your frustration in turning in your leased coupe, I actually called Long Island to see if I could buy your car.. They told me that your car is in the Aston dealer pool and they may or may not get it and could not offer any insight as to how I might buy your car.. I then got a call this morning from my local dealer who just took a pristine 2020 manual car in and after seeing it today, I made it mine. Pictures to follow when I collect it.
Bye they way, I love the interior leather color of your new roadster. What is the name of that color ?

Old 12-21-2023 | 07:48 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
Oddly enough the local dealer in Orlando took it in after I made the remaining lease payments. They are going to buy it from Aston and put it in their showroom to sell.

‘’thanks for your comments on the new one. Thr interior is Chancellor Red monotone and was a $5,500 upgrade.

Last edited by Rjscharer; 12-21-2023 at 07:56 PM.