Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VH platform owners would you consider new Vantage ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 08:47 PM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
VH platform owners would you consider new Vantage ?

As the title says.
Would you consider the new Vantage as your replacement car for your VH platform Aston Martin ?

Old 02-18-2024, 09:59 PM
V12Vin
Considering how ridiculous the '23 V12 looks, I would say the new vantage has caught my attention even it being a V8.

Replacing though a bit tough. Adding as a garage mate, maybe.

Old 02-19-2024, 06:31 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Depends the use case for the car. If primary transportation like my car is, then yes. The new Vantage (or anything pretty new) is attractive. If it's a 2nd or 3rd car, the older stuff still checks the box.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:06 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
I politely decline. To be fair, there is not a single new car that I have an interest in owning (the possible exception being a Morgan Plus Four.)

Old 02-19-2024, 11:32 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
While a massive improvement, I can get a nice V12S and modify it with well over 600HP for 60% of the price and still have a nicer looking car with a far more elegant interior. My big turn-off is opening the bonnet just to see a sea of cheap looking plastic instead of a beautiful Aston Martin, not Mercedes engine. The turbo's in the 'V' of the engine might have an impact on long term reliability. Still, it's finally a contender in the marketplace and will likely assure Aston will remain in business for a while.

Old 02-19-2024, 01:54 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I'm keeping my VH Vantage till I die, then it goes to my daughter

Old 02-19-2024, 02:39 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
After seeing the spy shots for the updated Vantage,I traded in my 2020 coupe for a 2023 roadster. Knowing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,I thought
it was curious that many who disliked the MY18 Vantage were dismayed that it didn’t look elegant compared to its former iteration. For me the huge grill and enlarged hips of the new car are more of an aesthetic departure and less elegant then the current one on sale. Midlife updated cars are more often then not less pure and less desired as time goes on. I will now retreat inside my bomb proof shelter.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:10 PM
LuvBurninFuel is infamous around these parts
This is what should have followed the VH Vantage. But I would not replace, maybe add someday, but never replace. The VH Vantage is an Icon.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:37 PM
ram_g
As a going in caveat, I am only about 2 months into ownership of my first Aston Martin, so it's entirely possible that my views may change.

That said, as I get to know my car and the world of Aston Martin more closely, I would hesitate to buy ANY new AM. Several reasons, but high on that list is the growing realization that as an independent car maker, Aston simply don't have the developmental dollars to work out all the kinks from increasingly complex cars. This then manifests as an inability to maintain any sort of respectable residual value. It's the same phenomenon with e.g. McLaren, but not with Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari, etc. who are all owned and underwritten by substantially larger corporations.

Used Astons will likely remain great options for enthusiasts, so maybe I'll consider a 2024+ Vantage several years down the road. I don't have anything against the car, per se.

I will now join Rj in his bomb shelter...

Old 02-19-2024, 06:05 PM
Boris!2017
There is nothing not to like about the upcoming 2024 edition car. Having owned two VH models in the past I stayed luke warm to the current models until a few months ago. After finally driving a couple, I said to heck with the look of car and set out to find a nice spec on the used market. I have now driven it enough to realize just how capable a car it is to the pre 2019 cars. When driven in anger and at speed the new generation cars just flat outperform the previous cars for cornering, braking, and sheer speed. The more time I spend in the newer car, the more I realize just how good the car is as a touring car as well as a proper sports car. I was not thinking this car would be a keeper when I purchased it, but now that I am getting to know it better, I am changing my mind.
Now, would I trade in for the latest refreshed version ? I have thought about it, and I am not sure I really need 650 hp in this car. The current power level is plenty. It can get tail happy in a hurry if you are not smooth with your throttle input. The newer cars build speed in a very deceptive way.
While the car will not do what my GT3RS will do, it does some things better. It can tour and do it well. It can be comfortable and quiet when you need it to be. My wife will actually ride in this car, which is a big change for me.
If looks were my only deciding factor, I might consider trading my 2020 AMR in for the latest refreshed version. For now, I really like the car I have and will continue to bond with it.
I would like to see Aston do really well with the new 2024 version and look forward to seeing them on the road. Maybe when I see one side by side with the current cars, I could change my mind.
It will be interesting to see what a well spec'd car with full leather and ceramic brakes and some carbon bits is going to be priced at?

Old 02-19-2024, 09:58 PM
Maseratiqp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
After seeing the spy shots for the updated Vantage,I traded in my 2020 coupe for a 2023 roadster. Knowing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,I thought
it was curious that many who disliked the MY18 Vantage were dismayed that it didn’t look elegant compared to its former iteration. For me the huge grill and enlarged hips of the new car are more of an aesthetic departure and less elegant then the current one on sale. Midlife updated cars are more often then not less pure and less desired as time goes on. I will now retreat inside my bomb proof shelter.
Is there room for one more in that shelter? Frankly speaking, the new Vantage is design wise has an utter imbalance and a nose heavy look at me bandaid solution to freshen up the platform. Its like what Aston did was what a plastic surgen does, enlarge the "headlights" plump up the "mouth". Great for initial impressions but they forgot to balance the **** of the car... Ever seen a voluptuous woman with a flat ***? Thats what this new design is... Look at the tail lights which clearly are super narrow which makes it imbalanced when compared to the front end... almost catfish like in appearance... It feels like they did the front but ran out of money to fix the rear to match... Just look at the DB10 spectre car which was based on the Vantage chassis. The headlights and rear all perfectly balance out.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:44 PM
Rjscharer is infamous around these parts
Always room for one more heretic . Hurry tough it’s after you….

Last edited by Rjscharer; 02-19-2024 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:54 AM
Maseratiqp is infamous around these parts
Rjscharer, you're not a fisherman are you? Thats not a catfish.... this is a catfish... which oddly has a greater resemblance to the car...

Old 02-20-2024, 02:43 AM
calinours is infamous around these parts
Yes, but not to replace my beautiful and well sorted V8VS, not a launch model, maybe one made in a about a year or twos time, and even then, only after a nicely specced one has depreciated to sub GBP 100k after about 4 years. So in about 5-6 years then.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my VH, stand a (slightly) greater chance of hanging onto my licence, and let far richer folk than I take the depreciation and teething issues of that sophisticated new user interface.

But if I were a thrusting boss of my own successful business, maybe pushing 40, still no kids but want something nice and new to haul my model gf (or bf) out to dinner in, and starting to feel that the image issues with my usual Ferraris and Lambos may be holding me back a bit, then, maybe.. But if I was that person I wouldn’t be driving a wheezy old n/a Aston.

What I’m trying to say, as can be seen from the majority of the other replies, is that this new car isn’t competing in the same market segment that the older VH cars occupy.

Last edited by calinours; 02-20-2024 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:09 AM
elvism is infamous around these parts
Yesterday, I had the new Vantage priced out. My build came out to a staggering $301,000. Base price is 191.. Crazy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VH platform owners would you consider new Vantage ?