Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS Airbag Service Urgent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 04:32 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
This is the tool I have to reset some BMW SRS faults.
For later models, I can reset some cars with my Autel.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:18 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I just got my car inspected and now have an error message "SRS Airbag Service Urgent". Any ideas what this could be? I was unable to find/clear it on my Foxwell.
the fact that you have other warnings coming out of nowhere makes me think battery rather than unplugged SRS module/lead. They’d really have to screw up to do that during a state inspection.
depending on your scan tool level of sophistication, you can try calling the car an ‘06 Volvo XC90 to access the SRS system.

Old 05-21-2024, 05:26 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
the fact that you have other warnings coming out of nowhere makes me think battery rather than unplugged SRS module/lead. They’d really have to screw up to do that during a state inspection.
depending on your scan tool level of sophistication, you can try calling the car an ‘06 Volvo XC90 to access the SRS system.
I'll give that a try today. Thanks.

Have a karting race tonight, so putting some miles on the car tonight hoping the battery will fully charge. On the CTEK since yesterday.

Old 05-22-2024, 09:30 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Only the SRS light remains. I haven't had a chance to see if I can do the Volvo hack. Hopefully later today.

Old 05-29-2024, 05:25 AM
Brought the car to the dealership to look at. Ends up being I need a rear driver side door air bag!

Old 05-29-2024, 06:14 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Brought the car to the dealership to look at. Ends up being I need a rear driver side door air bag!
Glad you're getting it sorted. When SRS detects a failure it basically shuts down and the dash warning is a message to the driver that air bags, in the case of an accident, do not exist until back up reset and running.

I am on a dozen different car forums. In the last few years there has been a rash of "It's the Battery" to describe practically any failure. It's become the modern day "Electronic Elixir". I am not saying that a failing battery is never the problem, but it seldom is. Too often, owners jump on this and replace the battery which is a lot simpler than diagnosing and fixing the problem. After that wasted step, the real problem still exists.

All the Best

Old 05-29-2024, 07:02 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
So you are aware, I also had a rear side door airbag issue on my Rapide, but it wasn't the module (took the door apart from the inside to check and confirm). I could even monitor the SRS ignitor resistance varying wildly..... while i was opening the rear door. It turns out there's a bit of tension in the harness rubber covered wire harness that does a 90 degree and enters the body between the front and rear door, and I could manipulate it (push, pull , twist) and get it to clear the code as the resistance would go back inline. Turns out that wiring component is a bit problematic for the Rapide, it could be your issue.

Old 05-29-2024, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
So you are aware, I also had a rear side door airbag issue on my Rapide, but it wasn't the module (took the door apart from the inside to check and confirm). I could even monitor the SRS ignitor resistance varying wildly..... while i was opening the rear door. It turns out there's a bit of tension in the harness rubber covered wire harness that does a 90 degree and enters the body between the front and rear door, and I could manipulate it (push, pull , twist) and get it to clear the code as the resistance would go back inline. Turns out that wiring component is a bit problematic for the Rapide, it could be your issue.
I've replaced a door module already. The wiring does not have enough length to it apparently. A few years back they were able "repair" it, but that only lasted so long. I want to say last year I replaced the module.

The dealership said they tested all the wiring and narrowed it down to the airbag itself. The airbag requires special shipping from the UK. I'll be driving around with no door panel for a week or so.

Old 05-29-2024, 08:03 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
I'll be driving around with no door panel for a week or so.
Sounds familiar!

Old 06-03-2024, 08:48 AM
I have personally and or second hand never heard of an air bag randomly going bad. My bet is that they get the new bag in and realize that didn't fix it. Prepare for new door harness.

Old 06-03-2024, 08:57 AM
I have personally and or second hand never heard of an air bag randomly going bad. My bet is that they get the new bag in and realize that didn't fix it. Prepare for new door harness.
I've replaced a door harness before the symptoms were different. They said they tested all the wiring and narrowed it down to the air bag.

All the experienced tech's at the dealership no longer work there. Everybody is brand new for both AM and Lotus. Recently trained and certified FWIW.

Old 06-03-2024, 12:30 PM
I've replaced a door harness before the symptoms were different. They said they tested all the wiring and narrowed it down to the air bag.

All the experienced tech's at the dealership no longer work there. Everybody is brand new for both AM and Lotus. Recently trained and certified FWIW.
Anything's possible. I guess if that door harness has been replaced already it's unlikely it's failed again so soon. That's a bummer about the change over in dealer techs. Good that they'll be up to date on the current product but I wonder how they'll handle a quirky problem with an older car.

Old 06-03-2024, 12:48 PM
That's a bummer about the change over in dealer techs. Good that they'll be up to date on the current product but I wonder how they'll handle a quirky problem with an older car.
Need to find out where a couple of them have landed. Could be closer to my house and/or they charge less an hour than the dealership.

Old 06-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Need to find out where a couple of them have landed. Could be closer to my house and/or they charge less an hour than the dealership.
I know where one of them is. I'll email ya. Maybe he can put you in touch with others if it he can't help.

Old 06-25-2024, 05:14 AM
I brought the car in for service and they replaced the air bag. The error code went away, but a new air bag related code came up. They are not sure why/where that code is happening, but think there could be a crimped wire somewhere. I had to leave the car at the dealership. Hopefully they'll get it sorted today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SRS Airbag Service Urgent