Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS Airbag Service Urgent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 06:07 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
If the error code is around ignitor squib resistance too high, then it's a crimped wire at the door loom.

I get it to resolve itself by 'massaging' the loom into the correct "S" shape. I even track the resistance in realtime with my OBD reader and I can monitor when the resistance goes back to normal, do a code reset and I'm good to go.

There is an updated part # for the rear door looms which I assume is to fix this. The original part #s are AD43-14632/AD43-14633 , the updated part # is BD43-14632/BD43-14633

Hope this gets fixed for you permanently, keep us updated!

Old 06-25-2024, 07:33 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am not sure what message it is. I have replaced the door module if that is the same thing. The dealership said they were two different things.

The service department are all brand new including the service manager. I use to know everyone top to bottom at the service department. Not now...

Old 06-25-2024, 04:23 PM
Bones 53 is infamous around these parts
Might want to try Miller Motors. All experiences excellent.
Thanks,
JH

Old 06-26-2024, 07:59 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Ends up being a wire was bent or something. The issue is resolved and work completed. They are delivering the car to me this morning!

Old 06-27-2024, 08:12 AM
Tashakes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Ends up being a wire was bent or something. The issue is resolved and work completed. They are delivering the car to me this morning!
are you being refunded the cost of the airbag that was unneeded?

Old 06-27-2024, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tashakes
are you being refunded the cost of the airbag that was unneeded?
They said the airbag was faulty. After the airbag was replaced, the code went away, but new code emerged that was due the way a different wire was routed (after reassembly).

Old 06-27-2024, 08:29 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Not that I doubt the explanation, but FYI you can see in the picture that the airbag wire is maybe 1.5" of free routing, the rest is in the loom that can only be attached one way. I wonder how they were able to route it differently

Old 06-27-2024, 11:39 AM
Tashakes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
Not that I doubt the explanation, but FYI you can see in the picture that the airbag wire is maybe 1.5" of free routing, the rest is in the loom that can only be attached one way. I wonder how they were able to route it differently
LOL, I am way more skeptical than you, I don't think that the airbag was bad. As posted before, I have not seen an airbag gone bad before. But hey, anything is possible......

Old 06-27-2024, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tashakes
LOL, I am way more skeptical than you, I don't think that the airbag was bad. As posted before, I have not seen an airbag gone bad before. But hey, anything is possible......
I believe there are other Rapide owners who have replaced that airbag FWIW.

Old 06-27-2024, 02:22 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
They said the airbag was faulty. After the airbag was replaced, the code went away, but new code emerged that was due the way a different wire was routed (after reassembly).
I smell bull****.

Old 06-28-2024, 06:37 AM
Question

Originally Posted by volvodrummer
I smell bull****.
Are you inferring our local AM dealership committed a fraud or deception?

I've never had that consideration on previous services for well over a decade.

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 06-28-2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:01 AM
No. I hope you get it sorted.

Last edited by volvodrummer; 06-28-2024 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
No. I hope you get it sorted.
There is nothing to sort. I have the car back with no warning lights. Mechanic dropped it off at my house and thought the car drove really well over all.

Old 06-28-2024, 07:20 AM
There is nothing to sort. I have the car back with no warning lights. Mechanic dropped it off at my house and thought the car drove really well over all.
Great news. Enjoy!

Old 06-28-2024, 07:59 AM
Where I live, used/replaced parts must be produced and given to customer upon request. Wonder if you could get your original airbag unit back

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SRS Airbag Service Urgent