Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS Airbag Service Urgent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 08:07 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
Where I live, used/replaced parts must be produced and given to customer upon request. Wonder if you could get your original airbag unit back
Oddly, this is first time ever they've replaced parts on my car and did not give my the original parts. I wonder why?

Old 06-28-2024, 08:23 AM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Oddly, this is first time ever they've replaced parts on my car and did not give my the original parts. I wonder why?
as the airbag is classified as an explosive device and faulty by their diagnosis, I would guess they wouldn’t return it to you for liability reasons should it magically go off and hurt someone.

Old 06-28-2024, 08:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by volvodrummer
as the airbag is classified as an explosive device and faulty by their diagnosis, I would guess they wouldn’t return it to you for liability reasons should it magically go off and hurt someone.
Makes sense.

Old 06-28-2024, 08:54 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Makes sense.
My take on it too...dangerous component, even more so as a defective.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by BWings
My take on it too...dangerous component, even more so as a defective.
I've always listened to the dealer and gone with whatever they say.
They mentioned the airbag required special shipping; different than other parts. Took longer to get than expected as well.

Car forums are great at making people 2nd guess work being done .

I am going with the airbag was bad and the dealership was on the level despite the persuasive posts to the contrary.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:29 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
I've always listened to the dealer and gone with whatever they say.
They mentioned the airbag required special shipping; different than other parts. Took longer to get than expected as well.

Car forums are great at making people 2nd guess work being done .

I am going with the airbag was bad and the dealership was on the level despite the persuasive posts to the contrary.
I agree with you. Especially on an item like this. Although, sometimes, there are legitimate reasons to question repairs/work, this is one that is better left trusting their judgement.

Old 06-28-2024, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by BWings
I agree with you. Especially on an item like this. Although, sometimes, there are legitimate reasons to question repairs/work, this is one that is better left trusting their judgement.
AM and Lotus are the two brands I am most likely to own. I hope to keep it that way.