Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide rear brake pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 01:02 AM
pierremanu
Rapide rear brake pads

hello guys, i m confused i was told my rear pads were bad, and upon removing them i can see they are not so used,
who can tell me if i can keep these, indeed...i understand why i dont have a signal on dashboard, the sensor is like 5 -6 mm away....

well i did changed the pads even if they were not much used, all went super smooth, i didnt know there is 2 sensors, i didnt changed any, i put them back in, i cleaned the pins and the spring and lubricate, i m glad its done now, next time i will do the oil and filter change. it went super easy with the jack and the 2 stands.
i well cleaned the calipers i use the brembo b quiet for the pads and to lubricate a bit the piston and the bottom of the caliper BUT i forgot to use the permatex black lube i bought.....i hope its fine....or i should redo it, what do you guys think?

Last edited by pierremanu; 07-16-2024 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-16-2024, 12:07 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
How did you release the ebrake away from the rotor?

Old 07-17-2024, 12:36 AM
pierremanu
i didnt do it, the rotor was blocked due to e brake.
to hammer the pin back you need a very small pin for the rear wheels, otherwise you have no room.
i didnt do the handbrake pads, i was wrong thinking they are used, my car has 40k miles, only the rear brake pads
since i was told all left hand drive must have the oil filter removed from the motor and not from below the car by removing the plate, i am confused cause some guys in the us insisted with me saying its cleaner doing it from below by removing the plate and later on i heard its not possible to do this with lhd cars cause the steering colum or another colum is on the way,
who in the us has changed the oil filter from underneath the car? and if its possible or not, anyway, in my case, i can't lift the 4 corners....

Last edited by pierremanu; 07-17-2024 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2024, 05:03 AM
AM4884 is infamous around these partsAM4884 is infamous around these parts
Are you asking how to remove the oil filter on a LH drive car? On the DB9, I have found it best to go ahead and remove the front wheel, the wheel liner, and remove the snorkel tube to the air box, and then remove the throttle body. Because I can get my car in the air, I also remove the air box. Others probably have a better way, but I've never found it easy to get the filter out. I have had excellent luck letting the filter sit facing up and using my oil suction tool to remove the oil from it prior to lifting it out.

Old 07-18-2024, 06:39 AM
pierremanu
thanks AM4884,

i was told there is only one way to do it with lhd its like you do it, never by removing the plate underneath, cause on lhd there is a steering colum who impeach you to get to the filter.
cause i heard some guys in the us telling me its messy doiung it from the mnotor compartment, but inded its probably the only way to do it, i guess they think the dealer does that but the dealer don't do that then, on lhd.
thanks for the tip i got a 500 ml suction tool too i will give it a try to the filter before lifting it up if i can? you let teh filter sit somewhere when you do so or you hold the filter with one hand and the tool in the other hand ? its not easier witha plastic bag wrapping up the filter and unscrew it then, on top of the plastic bag to lift all together?

the other day martin aston servicing an expert in uk was telling me its much better to remove the undertray, to get the filter and empty the oil, but he doenst aknowledge its a lhd maybe....
i can heard a bushing noise maybe when cold one time only and i must have same issue as others, not sure what are they lower or upper bushing, from the independant website, if any of you could tell me. i will appreciate and maybe order some bushing for later. but i may not have ther skills to do this myself.

when you said you remove the air box, you meant the cover only?

man, i drove less than 2000 kms since last service and will do it again....the oil still transparent but even if i drive 5000kms my oil has always been like you cant read the level, i need to do it 6 times and i am even unsure....my motor was so well care by aml when they owns it, and the oil stay yellow, its crazy.

Last edited by pierremanu; 07-18-2024 at 07:16 AM.