Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Newer style seats retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 05:40 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Are those the 4 holes where you mount the actual seat on its base?

Old 07-28-2024, 10:51 PM
TR-Spider is infamous around these parts
yes.

Old 08-06-2024, 11:06 AM
trainwreck is infamous around these parts
This project is turning out to be more difficult than planned. It appears that the airbags are different from new to old. Harness also. So I’ll have to figure out wiring. Does anyone know how to remove the rails from the 2006. The front bolts I’ve managed to loosen. But the rear bolts are not even visible. And the front bolts only come down but so far because the hit the rail.

update: so it dawned on me. The db9 have height adjustments. Duh. So put the seat back in the car and adjusted to maximum height. Can now reach all the rail bolts.

Last edited by trainwreck; 08-10-2024 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2024, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul
how did you get the seat to split like that? There’s no way without removing the leather completely correct?

Old 08-20-2024, 11:19 PM
PhuketPaul is infamous around these parts
The leather cover is mostly removed, although you can see that it us still attached by the airbag on the side of the squab.

The cover open at the bottom and with the zip around the headrest then pulls off the top with enough slack even though the airbag is still attached.

Last edited by PhuketPaul; 08-20-2024 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @trainwreck ,
I noticed that you never responded to @GA_DB9 , not sure why, but I will add that GA_ DB9 is correct, those red seats are definitely out of a flood vehicle, and by the corrosion on the motor, and the rust elsewhere, this appears to be saltwater, or at least brackish water damage, I went through all of this in my Hurricane Sandy Bentley GT rebuild, I removed all the red leather from my GT seats, and installed it onto the donor seat frames from my parts GT.

I mention this as to inform you of the hidden issues on the underside of the leather, hopefully you have removed all of the red leather and cleaned and conditioned it prior to reinstalling same, same goes for any seat cushions, as the white residue aka white mold shown in you picture of the seatback will likely turn to black mold, neither are good, health wise.

You can see in my photos the mold that appeared over time, along with the musty moldy smell, as the person whom purchased my GT from the auction house stored it in his shop for 9 months plus, only doing surface cleaning, which left the issue hiding underneath.

Sincerely
Johnny

Old 08-25-2024, 10:42 AM
Apologies. Thank you GA_DB9. And Thank you for that info and the warning. I was made aware it was from a flood vehicle. I know I took a chance on them. I don’t see any signs of mold. As the white spots you may be referring to are glue. The motor on it is shot after taking the cover off to examine. I was hoping that the water line wasn’t high enough to do too much damage as the leather appeared to be in good condition. I am now up to a complete disassemble of the red seats as there is no way to reach the wiring harness in the squab without it. This has become worst case scenario but probably for the best. As now I can really go through the leather and treat it. What products/process were used to treat the Bentley? Also I’m swapping over my db9 rails motors and harness as I want to keep the height adjustment. Guessing the vantage did not have that option, idk? I have to figure out negative and positive for the seat air bag. As they are different colors/connector. Will need to splice to make it work. I believe I’m going to lose the function of the button on the headrest since the original harness does not a connection or reach

Last edited by trainwreck; 08-25-2024 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-25-2024, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul
From what I can remember it unclips from the bottom of the rear squab and pulls upwards, I left it attached to the airbag. there is a zip in the gap under the headrest to allow you to pull the head rest part off. It comes off quite easily.
The solenoids and wiring for the seat back release is in there - if you wouldn't mind sending me a picture of the solenoids as mine didn't have any solenoids nor wiring for heaters, back release or lumbar support, got the heating an d lumbar sorted easily enough but and I couldn't find any information on the solenoids so added my own but not really strong enough.

Old 08-25-2024, 10:52 AM
Anyone know what this cheese looking material is? It goes between the black hard foam and the soft yellow foam.

Old 08-25-2024, 10:57 AM
Anyone have access to a wiring diagram between the 06 db9 and 09 vantage. Need to review the air bag connection. The original has black with a red tracer and green with an orange tracer. And the vantage has white with black tracer and purple with yellow tracer.

Nevermind traced back to other side connectors to match up. Pics for future help

Last edited by trainwreck; 08-25-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2024, 09:10 AM

Old 08-27-2024, 01:20 PM
GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !GA_DB9 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trainwreck
Apologies. Thank you GA_DB9. And Thank you for that info and the warning. I was made aware it was from a flood vehicle. I know I took a chance on them.
No worries. As long as you went in knowing what you were getting into. There's so much garbage being passed off as tested/working on ebay.

Originally Posted by trainwreck
I believe I’m going to lose the function of the button on the headrest since the original harness does not a connection or reach
I think as long as the seat has accessory power the seatback release button should just work. Though if you're saying your original sandstorm seats don't have the button it shouldn't be that big of a lift to post wire the button to the seat release solenoid.

Old 08-27-2024, 02:17 PM
My originals (moonshadow actually) did not have the seat release button. Only the lever. So the wiring harness will not have that connection. But I’m sure I can figure out wiring it up. It’s kinda like I want to be done already. I’m close. Do I want to keep adding more tasks. But I’m not one to half ***. I’m even thinking of replacing the seat heater. I can’t stand how you can see the elements through the leather.