Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2019 Vantage Headlight Configuration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 06:08 AM
hadiofski is infamous around these parts
2019 Vantage Headlight Configuration

Hi Everyone!

So i recently had an accident and had to replace the front headlight. Insurance wouldn't approve it being fixed at the dealer, but the workshop I took it to managed to find a used right headlight to replace it with.

The issue is they can't seem to figure out how to configure the headlight to match the left one. Initially, the indicator wouldn't work (would blink once and stay on, with the warning light coming on the dash), then they managed to fix that, but the daylight running light isn't working now, and the main light's brightness is totally different than the left headlight.

I was hoping someone could advise on a fix please?

Highly appreciate any feedback!

Old 08-07-2024, 02:03 PM
I_gotta_Vantage is infamous around these parts
Is the used lamp from the same MY? 2019? I think the 2022+ lamps are different bulbs...

It should be plug and play. No flashing etc needed... was the wire harness for the lamp damaged or just a busted light lense?
Upplug the good lamp and see if the other lamp responds.
You can always email AM or scuderia and ask them to verify the part number for MY 2019 lamps.

Old 08-07-2024, 05:06 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
If the insurance company is insisting you have the car fixed someplace that doesn't know how to fix the car, I would go back to the insurance company and tell them its unacceptable.

Old 08-07-2024, 09:23 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Deny everything and fight everything with the insurance company. After it's fixed check with a new insurance company.

Old 08-08-2024, 03:37 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the MY of the new headlight is, but I can ask them to check to be sure.

The whole headlight had to be replaced, but I'm assuming they used the same harness. The reason why I think they need to configure it is because once they played around with it, they managed to get one thing working (the turn signal) at the expense of the DRL.

Generally for certain electrical issues I've found Mercedes troubleshooting options to work, and came across a video on youtube that seemed to tackle the same problem, just not sure why these guys can't figure it out. I've requested them to purchase a new headlight now, but it's taking way too long.

Here's the video for reference in case you're interested in seeing it:

Old 08-12-2024, 10:19 PM
GWP
GWP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
If the insurance company is insisting you have the car fixed someplace that doesn't know how to fix the car, I would go back to the insurance company and tell them its unacceptable.
I would talk to the insurance commissioners office.

Old 08-14-2024, 12:55 PM
Seems like they've finally figured it out, and insisting it was a faulty motherboard! Not sure if that was it or not, but at least it's fixed...

Old 08-19-2024, 06:03 AM
sweet991S
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Deny everything and fight everything with the insurance company. After it's fixed check with a new insurance company.
JW is 110% correct. They are the business of MAKING Money - keeping you as a satisfied Customer comes after Rule #1. Ask me how I know.