Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBX - New Appreciation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 09:56 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
DBX - New Appreciation

I am a fan of the DBX. At few points thought of trading the Rapide towards one. Would less worrisome to use as a family vehicle (wife) and is a really special place to sit in & drive. Prices are coming down in true Aston Martin fashion.

I went to the Italian Car Day in Brookline, MA last week. Super impressive amount of Lamborghini entrants. I think the number may've exceeded the number of Ferrari's!

One of the sponsoring dealerships had the new Ferrari Purosangue. Not impressed at all. The DBX is a better looking, better executed car from every angle. There is nothing inside or out to get excited about on the Purosangue. I do love the Urus, it really captures the Lambo look into something that is useful like Aston has on the DBX.

Considering what is on offer by all three models. Aston really nailed it on the DBX and at a better price point!

Old 08-08-2024, 07:31 PM
thisistcab7 is infamous around these parts
I have enjoyed my standard DBX for the last couple years immensely. So much so I am considering trading up to a 707 just to experience the upgrade in power.

It’s a sweet ride.

Old 08-09-2024, 06:18 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thisistcab7
I have enjoyed my standard DBX for the last couple years immensely. So much so I am considering trading up to a 707 just to experience the upgrade in power.

It’s a sweet ride.
How close in power can you get with a tune and mod's?

Old 08-09-2024, 06:55 AM
SteveRhodeIsland
You and I have similar tastes in cars, and I'm a big fan of the DBX also. Not in the cards for me in the near future, but medium term there will be one in my garage, preferably a 707 Will be watching price trajectory in the next couple years.

Old 08-09-2024, 07:27 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
When I flew to Tampa this December I was picked up in a DBX 707 - impressive seems an understatement. The drive to the dealership was almost as exciting as picking up my new Vantage!

Old 08-09-2024, 08:52 PM
volvodrummer is infamous around these parts
I've driven both the standard DBX and the 707. They are wildly impressive dynamically given their weight and size! Also, I have heard others with more experience with all the marques say that the DBX has the most real-world utility by a wide margin.

Old 09-06-2024, 06:45 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I L-O-V-E the DBX

The 707 defies physics, plain and simple, I love the quad exhaust of the 707 as well
Though I have to admit, I feel more drawn to the base model as I really don't need 2 HP monsters . . . My SUV is a dog hauler and grocery-getter, so I am leaning base

If I had one car, it's the 707 - For a run-around car . . . Anyway, that's what I am currently thinking, but that can change I want one

Old 09-06-2024, 07:49 PM
Druid1 is infamous around these parts
Agree the DBX would be an interesting family car. I can't trust the Urus' reliability as a family car (my friend's friend's Urus has spent more time at the dealer than on the road). Sat in a Purosangue at a car show recently, but don't see it working for family vacations to the beach, skiing. etc. The DBX could work, especially with the updated interior. We'll see when the lease on my MB All Terrain expires next year.