Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2020 Aston Martin headlight ON problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 06:31 AM
300Zx123$$ is infamous around these parts
2020 Aston Martin headlight ON problem

Has anyone have this problem of having all the lights being on, when driving, both day and night when the light switch is in the auto mode?
On my 2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Thank you.

Old 08-10-2024, 09:00 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
No so far. Perhaps the light sensor has gotten dirty or fogged up.

Old 08-11-2024, 04:45 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Yes, agree with Jay - I would be looking at the light sensor.

I don't have a Vantage, but on my DB11 it's on the back of the rear view mirror. I would start by examining the wiring to/from that sensor.

Possibly on the topic of coincidence, was a windshield replaced recently?

Old 08-11-2024, 10:32 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
The manual doesn't say exactly where it is, but is says this:

"During the twilight and night time hours, a twilight sensor located at the top of the windscreen automatically reduces the level of brightness to a preset level.
If the twilight sensor is covered then the level of brightness will stay low as if in night time mode. For example, when parked in a garage."

It also shows the fuse for the rain/light sensor being F12, so its worth checking that too.

Old 08-11-2024, 11:15 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
One other thing, might be coincidence - It didn't happen to be raining when the auto lights were on during the day, would it? As many cars have a "lights on" feature when it is raining. Here in Florida it is a state law lights must be on if it is raining. Both of our cars' lights come on if the rain windshield senses rain.