Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vanatage GTS 2016 Winter Storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 07:16 AM
Fenders
Aston Martin Vanatage GTS 2016 Winter Storage

I live in Minnesota and a proud owner of my First Aston Martin. I have an unheated garage that I have stored my Mercedes AMG and Porsche 911 in over the winters in the past. Any tips or guidance on best practices for storing my Vantage?

Old 09-08-2024, 08:22 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
Minnesota Winter Storage

I'm in Golden Valley, Minnesota. I keep my cars next to my desk at the office. I overfill my tires and put the car on a battery maintainer. I'll typically work a deal with Morries Aston Martin towards the end of the winter when the streets are clear (2 miles from my office) to do an annual with fresh fluids for the summer. I used to start my cars and warm them up about every two to three weeks while in storage, but determined with reading posts it's better to just start the car once after extended storage. I'm posting my 2011 V8 Vantage on BAT this next week or so and if i get my reserve will seek a V12S Coupe in colors and options I'd like with somewhat low miles and good service records. Because winter is near, I might just take my time and maybe be Aston-less over the winter. If I don't get my reserve I'll keep my V8.

Old 09-08-2024, 10:28 AM
UltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of lightUltraMarine is a glorious beacon of light
Avoid flat spots, tney can ruin the tires. either get the weights off the tires, roll the car every so often a foot forward / backward, or use tire cushions/pillows/savers (dont' need to buy the $1600 Aston Martin ones!) You can overinflate the tires to near max pressure, that seems to help for me and recommended by AAA.

Keep on a good battery maintainer, the current Aston Martin offering is a Tecmate Optimate 6, that you can buy w/o the AML branding for a good price. But a CTek or reputable brand will work. Make sure to check on it in case it disconnects! I leave my car unlocked in case.

If your garage in unheated, make sure there's a window slightly open so there's some ventilation and no humidity condenses inside.

Lastly, use a lightweight car cover that won't scratch the paint. I got the Aston Martin one because it fits nicely. It prevents dust accumulation over the winter months and preserves the final finish I had on the car until Spring.

Old 09-08-2024, 10:29 AM
Fenders
the v12s looks like quite the car. Thanks for the advice

Old 09-08-2024, 10:37 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
BAT eh? Hopefully our BAT brand ambassador Speedraser will pitch in with his exemplary support, clarifications, and solid Aston info (so often needed in the BAT comment section).

Old 09-08-2024, 11:09 AM
Fenders
Originally Posted by UltraMarine
Avoid flat spots, tney can ruin the tires. either get the weights off the tires, roll the car every so often a foot forward / backward, or use tire cushions/pillows/savers (dont' need to buy the $1600 Aston Martin ones!) You can overinflate the tires to near max pressure, that seems to help for me and recommended by AAA.

Keep on a good battery maintainer, the current Aston Martin offering is a Tecmate Optimate 6, that you can buy w/o the AML branding for a good price. But a CTek or reputable brand will work. Make sure to check on it in case it disconnects! I leave my car unlocked in case.

If your garage in unheated, make sure there's a window slightly open so there's some ventilation and no humidity condenses inside.

Lastly, use a lightweight car cover that won't scratch the paint. I got the Aston Martin one because it fits nicely. It prevents dust accumulation over the winter months and preserves the final finish I had on the car until Spring.
Thank you

Old 09-08-2024, 06:12 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I'm in Golden Valley, Minnesota. I keep my cars next to my desk at the office. I overfill my tires and put the car on a battery maintainer. I'll typically work a deal with Morries Aston Martin towards the end of the winter when the streets are clear (2 miles from my office) to do an annual with fresh fluids for the summer. I used to start my cars and warm them up about every two to three weeks while in storage, but determined with reading posts it's better to just start the car once after extended storage. I'm posting my 2011 V8 Vantage on BAT this next week or so and if i get my reserve will seek a V12S Coupe in colors and options I'd like with somewhat low miles and good service records. Because winter is near, I might just take my time and maybe be Aston-less over the winter. If I don't get my reserve I'll keep my V8.

Any chance of an offer on here for Members only?

Old 09-08-2024, 07:13 PM
Wesco is infamous around these parts
Tire savers

I use tire saver ramps plus max inflation and keep garage at 40 degrees. Seems to work great. I also use a fuel stabilizer, battery minder, and light weight dust cover

Old 09-09-2024, 08:45 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Consider running a dehumidifier to ensure the garage stays as dry as possible.

Old 09-09-2024, 04:15 PM
sweet991S
IF he has a recent HVAC system, there is perhaps not a need for that? I don't know - Poli Sci major in College....Just my experience----

Old 09-11-2024, 07:24 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sweet991S
IF he has a recent HVAC system, there is perhaps not a need for that? I don't know - Poli Sci major in College....Just my experience----
If it doesn't collect water, then it doesn't collect water...

Old 09-11-2024, 10:05 AM
Prefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant futurePrefurbia has a brilliant future
sure I'd consider offers, but I want to see what BAT does first.